WVU to Big 12, now ND?

And OSU/Michigan do not run the Big 10? Alabama is rejecting the Mizzou move to the SEC if they are in the West division, so they will likely end up in the East division. Sorry but no matter the conference, the big boys run the show and call the shots.

No, because Delany doesn't bend over and take it in the a$$ for either of these schools like Beebe did for Texas.

The KC Star had an interesting angle here...let ND keep its FB independence in B12, ND plays some B12 teams in non-conf games and the B12 lets ND have access to its bowl contracts.

I think the days of ND playing Michigan, MSU and Purdue are rapidly coming to an end..so they will need dance partners to stay independent. The B12 may be all too willing to help accommodate them there.

The KC Star had an interesting angle here...let ND keep its FB independence in B12, ND plays some B12 teams in non-conf games and the B12 lets ND have access to its bowl contracts.

I think the days of ND playing Michigan, MSU and Purdue are rapidly coming to an end..so they will need dance partners to stay independent. The B12 may be all too willing to help accommodate them there.
It would break Jim Delany's heart.

I saw the "did" but that is exactly it, he "did" make concessions for Texas, but he "doesn't" anymore. Yesterday was yesterday and today is today. The Big 12 is moving along.

You're right it is moving along, but is Texas still sharing any of it's revenue from the LHN with other members?

Seems like a great move for the Big 12. Hook them a little bit and once the super conferences fall they get ND all the way.

I have always wondered, since it seemed the Big 12 could be one of the conferences out after the super conferences begin, why they would not be proactive and become the first super conference. Snagging ND and WV is a solid move to solidify themselves some longevity.

And now the Big 12 can look just as convoluted on a map as the Big East.

Congrats, ISU fans, knowing that at least your island isn't as far out at sea as your new 'partner'.

I don't like all this ND to the Big 12 talk. Not sure how real it is, but it would be bad for the Big 10 if that happened. I say grab Missouri and ND now. I feel like we have a lot more to sell ND than the Big 12 does. Stability, lots and lots of money, traditional rivals, and we are a much better acedemic fit. But if the Big 12 will let them move all there non-football sports there, it stands to reason that they may eventually end up having their football games played in the Big 12 also.

I don't like all this ND to the Big 12 talk. Not sure how real it is, but it would be bad for the Big 10 if that happened. I say grab Missouri and ND now. I feel like we have a lot more to sell ND than the Big 12 does. Stability, lots and lots of money, traditional rivals, and we are a much better acedemic fit. But if the Big 12 will let them move all there non-football sports there, it stands to reason that they may eventually end up having their football games played in the Big 12 also.

Could also be posturing from ND to try to gain the upper hand on the big ten.

Or the Big Ten could just not expand...that way we still play our conference opponents in athletics.

I see that everyone has their panties in a bunch over this ND to Big 12 talk. Who cares. The Big 10 makes tons of bank, has great schools and a great set up. So it has been and so it shall always be.

I think people are more upset about ISU getting good teams in their conference. But it matters not.

I see that everyone has their panties in a bunch over this ND to Big 12 talk. Who cares. The Big 10 makes tons of bank, has great schools and a great set up. So it has been and so it shall always be.

I think people are more upset about ISU getting good teams in their conference. But it matters not.

Agree on all counts!

Latest posts