WTF! Fran just said Josh and Zach were primary options on postgame with Dolph.

skinnykilmer17

I am sorry the latter should not have been on the floor. Period.

Fran's love affair with McCabe is just over-the-top. Never should have even started the game.

Was Gesell even in the game at that point? Is he telling us that McCabe is primary over Marbel and Gesell at that point? Unbelievable.

Question- Can anyone recall a more misguided love affair with a player in the last 30 years of Iowa basketball than this one? And you can't include Lickliter and Lickliter. Father/Son.

Yep that is what he said.. :) and no Gessel was not on the court. :confused:

In 3, 2 and 1

nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg

Wow! I guess it happens. Coaches have to be a little off their rockers to compete at this level. I like Zach, but in no fashion is he a Div 1 BB player.

Fran's love affair with McCabe is just over-the-top. Never should have even started the game.

Was Gesell even in the game at that point? Is he telling us that McCabe is primary over Marbel and Gesell at that point? Unbelievable.

Question- Can anyone recall a more misguided love affair with a player in the last 30 years of Iowa basketball than this one? And you can't include Lickliter and Lickliter. Father/Son.

I agree that McCabe shouldn't have been on the floor or primary at that point.

but many would have said the same things about oglesby last year and now everyone is talking about how they always knew how good he could be.

I agree that McCabe shouldn't have been on the floor or primary at that point.

but many would have said the same things about oglesby last year and now everyone is talking about how they always knew how good he could be.

The big difference is that Oglesby was a sophomore when he was being raked over the coals. McCabe is a senior; expecting him to make such a drastic change now is unrealistic.

No.This love affair is what life is all about. Outside of the Illinois home game.Jok White uthoff and More Basabe. No more Zach for more than 7 min. It's ova

You ever coached a D-1 team?

He was a good option to jack up a 3. At that point he had zero points and 2 boards. There's no way Bucky would of been expecting him. It was brilliant.

McCabe had 0 points and 5 fouls today, yet we drew up a play that made him one of the two primary options while Gesell continued to waste away on the bench.

I don't believe it. I think FM is just trying to protect McCabe from the incoming tsunami of criticism.

To say McCabe is not a D1 player is simply idiotic. Outside of the ISU game he was playing some of the best basketball on the team in the non conference. When the bright lights come on he falters and Fran should know that and should not have put him in that position. Poor coaching decisions down the stretch for sure. Had he made that shot everyone would be praising him for stepping up and filling a role as a senior. Instead he air balled it and I think he feels worse about it than anyone on this board. So I believe there really is no need to pile on the negativity. The loss stinks, mistakes were made, and the conference title hopes are gone. We are going to find out a heck of a lot about this team the rest of the week. All of that said, I'm going to be upset about that loss for awhile but I'm not gonna let it ruin my excitement for the rest of the games ahead in the next 8 days.

Think Fran's arrogants got in his way today. That call was to be a big middle finger to all the haters. It backfired and now the player he struck up for will catch more criticism. Oh and if your scoring at home that is 0-2 for game winning or tying 3 pointers. ISU now OSU. FRUSTRATING AS HE11.

To say McCabe is not a D1 player is simply idiotic. Outside of the ISU game he was playing some of the best basketball on the team in the non conference. When the bright lights come on he falters and Fran should know that and should not have put him in that position. Poor coaching decisions down the stretch for sure. Had he made that shot everyone would be praising him for stepping up and filling a role as a senior. Instead he air balled it and I think he feels worse about it than anyone on this board. So I believe there really is no need to pile on the negativity. The loss stinks, mistakes were made, and the conference title hopes are gone. We are going to find out a heck of a lot about this team the rest of the week. All of that said, I'm going to be upset about that loss for awhile but I'm not gonna let it ruin my excitement for the rest of the games ahead in the next 8 days.

Well said, thanks!

Gesell, Josh, and Marble can create and get shots and that is about it.

Uhtoff can shoot over people but I just dont understand how bad we were on offense forcing shots the last couple of minutes.

Think Fran's arrogants got in his way today. That call was to be a big middle finger to all the haters. It backfired and now the player he struck up for will catch more criticism. Oh and if your scoring at home that is 0-2 for game winning or tying 3 pointers. ISU now OSU. FRUSTRATING AS HE11.

Fran said Josh was the #1 option and then Zach. The #1 option correct. And Zach got a wide open shot so the play was executed.

"And you're on Sports Talk"....."Ya, this is Tommy from Des Moines"........

Funny. I get it.

Fact remains, according to him he drew up a play for McCabe as option #2, OR
he IS trying to deflect criticism from Zach.

The latter is admirable but IMO he should still be called to the mat for having the personnel in the game that he did at that particular time.

NO Gesell. ?? and what was White going to do for you at that point? Screen and roll toward the basket? I say bad timing with personnel = bad coaching. In my humble opinion.

We have lost way more close games than we have won. And it hasn't been all due to poor free throw shooting.

The bashing of players is getting ridiculous.... Yes, McCabe didn't play well today, but he is playing his butt off out there. Do you know how much time he puts in? He wants to succeed more than any of us. What it comes down to is the coaching decisions. He shouldn't have been put in that situation for the three pointer, when he was ice cold the whole game.

Latest posts