WTF! Fran just said Josh and Zach were primary options on postgame with Dolph.

To say McCabe is not a D1 player is simply idiotic. Outside of the ISU game he was playing some of the best basketball on the team in the non conference. When the bright lights come on he falters and Fran should know that and should not have put him in that position. Poor coaching decisions down the stretch for sure. Had he made that shot everyone would be praising him for stepping up and filling a role as a senior. Instead he air balled it and I think he feels worse about it than anyone on this board. So I believe there really is no need to pile on the negativity. The loss stinks, mistakes were made, and the conference title hopes are gone. We are going to find out a heck of a lot about this team the rest of the week. All of that said, I'm going to be upset about that loss for awhile but I'm not gonna let it ruin my excitement for the rest of the games ahead in the next 8 days.
Not sure if serious.

The bashing of players is getting ridiculous.... Yes, McCabe didn't play well today, but he is playing his butt off out there. Do you know how much time he puts in? He wants to succeed more than any of us. What it comes down to is the coaching decisions. He shouldn't have been put in that situation for the three pointer, when he was ice cold the whole game.
I agree that he works his tail off and wants to do his best for the team. YOu're right, it is on Fran.

I'm dead serious, I really hope you are trolling with that comment. You can't honestly think he isn't a D1 caliber player.
If there were a clone of McCabe out there as a high school senior, can you honestly say that you believe Fran would recruit him now? He was recruited when the program was at an ALL-TIME Low! Let's try to use some objectivity please.

If there were a clone of McCabe out there as a high school senior, can you honestly say that you believe Fran would recruit him now? He was recruited when the program was at an ALL-TIME Low! Let's try to use some objectivity please.

Saying McCabe isn't a D1 player isn't the same as asking if he would be recruited by Fran now. Two completely different arguments. Use some clarity on what you are talking about.

To say McCabe is not a D1 player is simply idiotic. Outside of the ISU game he was playing some of the best basketball on the team in the non conference. When the bright lights come on he falters and Fran should know that and should not have put him in that position. Poor coaching decisions down the stretch for sure. Had he made that shot everyone would be praising him for stepping up and filling a role as a senior. Instead he air balled it and I think he feels worse about it than anyone on this board. So I believe there really is no need to pile on the negativity. The loss stinks, mistakes were made, and the conference title hopes are gone. We are going to find out a heck of a lot about this team the rest of the week. All of that said, I'm going to be upset about that loss for awhile but I'm not gonna let it ruin my excitement for the rest of the games ahead in the next 8 days.

Five more feet and the shot had a chance....lol

I will say that McCabe has come a very long way from the time he was a freshman and looked completely lost in all the games I attended in the student section...I couldn't stand the dude then...and still can't really now. But it's not his fault Fran put him in that situation today...he obviously didn't have it.

Saying McCabe isn't a D1 player isn't the same as asking if he would be recruited by Fran now. Two completely different arguments. Use some clarity on what you are talking about.
lol ok. Can you honestly see any Div 1 program recruiting him now? I can't.

I am sorry the latter should not have been on the floor. Period.

Fran's love affair with McCabe is just over-the-top. Never should have even started the game.

Was Gesell even in the game at that point? Is he telling us that McCabe is primary over Marbel and Gesell at that point? Unbelievable.

Question- Can anyone recall a more misguided love affair with a player in the last 30 years of Iowa basketball than this one? And you can't include Lickliter and Lickliter. Father/Son.

what do you think Wisconsin was thinking.... you're very narrow minded. Great call to give the ball to someone who would get an open shot.

lol ok. Can you honestly see any Div 1 program recruiting him now? I can't.

He is a div 1 player...he would be perfect for a team like uni. Is he a high level d1? No but he is d1. If he wasn't d1 he wouldn't play at all. Does that mean Kyle Meyer isn't d1 because he doesn't play yet McCabe does. Should McCabe play as much as he did today? No but we were short basabe so the minutes had to go somewhere.

He is a div 1 player...he would be perfect for a team like uni. Is he a high level d1? No but he is d1. If he wasn't d1 he wouldn't play at all. Does that mean Kyle Meyer isn't d1 because he doesn't play yet McCabe does. Should McCabe play as much as he did today? No but we were short basabe so the minutes had to go somewhere.

Exactly what I wanted to say but didn't feel it was worth the effort.

LOL suck a fat one.

263irue.png

Last edited:
Think Fran's arrogants got in his way today. That call was to be a big middle finger to all the haters. It backfired and now the player he struck up for will catch more criticism. Oh and if your scoring at home that is 0-2 for game winning or tying 3 pointers. ISU now OSU. FRUSTRATING AS HE11.

That is a huge FACT!!!

I bet he feels bad but the fact still remains he shouldn't been in that position. End of story!!

Anybody find it interesting that Fran used a timeout?

Seems like in similar situations he had let his players go ahead and play it out.

For the record I have no issue with the timeout and had requested a time out in the past so I liked the idea of Fran drawing up a play.

McCabe had 0 points and 5 fouls today, yet we drew up a play that made him one of the two primary options while Gesell continued to waste away on the bench.

For some mysterious reason Fran leaves Gesell on the bench for prolonged periods of time. I can't phathom that he needs a 6 min. rest at his age and in his condition. Fran needs to take that minutes thing and shove it. I understand it if you are playing 94 feet like Mr. Davis did and he did it the whole game...we don't you need to go with who's hot .

Latest posts