WSJ: Iowa State could be odd man out in conference realignment

One thing that is ABUNDANTLY clear in this whole thing is...
football rules and is calling the shots

Nobody gives a ____ about basketball...

Don't let Cyclone fans here you say that! They truly believe their basketball program is among the elite. Their main argument toward attractiveness for BCS conferences is their basketball program. That and their 3-0 start in football.

Let me throw you a life preserver before you drown yourself. LOL. "It's not a sexy football conference" and yet you think they deserve to keep their AQ status? Ummmmmmm....ok sparky. :rolleyes:

The only one drowning is you. As of right now the B12 & the Big East each have AQ status, so there are 2 AQ bids out there. The BCS committee sure in the heck is not going to give AQ status to both the Mnt West and Conf USA. Or perhaps you think the MAC deserves AQ status LMAO! If these 2 conferences merge along with TCU they will get AQ status whether YOU think they deserve it or not. As I mentioned earlier there is also discussions going on to merge Conf USA & Mtn West into another conference with AQ status.

In the past, how many BCS bids have those schools accumlated all together? I know the answer, do you?

^ this is irrelevant to whether or not a conference gets AQ status or not. Do yourself a favor before replying to someones posts in a condescending manner go read some of these articles that are online that are talking about what is going on.

How does losing athletic money truly affect the rest of the university? I'm truly trying to see the trickle down here.

Does the fact that ISU might end up in the MAC or Big East really affect those high school seniors who are looking to be veternarians, or gain a job in the ag or engineering field?

It doesn't. Rest assured ISU will remain "the Harvard of Story County".

If these conferences can't find room in their money-grubbing conferences for 6 schools, then I say blow it up with the nuclear option.

It's beyond interesting, funny and intriguing now. It's time to let the Dodds, Borens, Delaneys and Scotts know there will be consequences.

Oooooooooh, consequences! Like what, a slap fight?

slapfight1.jpg

I think there could be a new class ... ISU, Louisville, Cincinnati, etc. ... the not quite big boys league ... something with Mid or Middle in the name would be appropriate ... maybe Mid-American Conference. They could even make a logo that might look something like this ...
menu_logo_mac.png

I think there could be a new class ... ISU, Louisville, Cincinnati, etc. ... the not quite big boys league ... something with Mid or Middle in the name would be appropriate ... maybe Mid-American Conference. They could even make a logo that might look something like this ...
menu_logo_mac.png

In this league they wouldn't keep score so as to not hurt the self-esteem of the participating members.

If both the Big East and Big 12 implode, which is very likely at this point, the leftovers between those two conferences are that...the leftovers that no other conference wants.

The chances of the Big East getting an automatic BCS berth is nill. There simply would be NO teams in the conference that could/would draw any viewership. Viewership is what brings in big TV contracts and the 'New" Big East would not get much of a tv contract. On top of a small contract, the leftovers would have to split the contract amongst the 14 teams or whatever the conference becomes.

The New Big East will resemble the MWC or CUSA, not a BCS conference. The quality of teams will be about the same as the MWC or CUSA. There would be NO name teams whatsoever in the Big East. And people are dreaming if they think Texas will stick around in a western division of the Big East. If they DID go to the Big East, they would keep everything they have...there would be no sharing with other schools, so the other schools would be right where they are now.

Let's face it...the clowns are screwed, NOBODY mentions them except losers in this entire thing.

I dont understand why ISU fans care about being the doormat of a BCS conference.
What possible benefit does that have? Revenue stream? ISU has to spend all of that revenue and more, to try and keep up with the Joneses.
High dollar coaches, high dollar stadiums, high dollar score boards.
If you have to cut non-revenue sports, due to lack of funding, what good is the revenue involved with a BCS conference?

Latest posts