Wow, just heard Leach interview for first time..

I agree about the KF part, but do you think he (Leach) might have a few valid arguments about the James kid? It isn't just him claiming that that the kid is a prima donna silver-spooner with a meddling helicopter father.
I dunno. Probably a LOT more to this than the general public will ever know/hear.
My personal jury is out....but leaning toward siding with Leach, quite honestly. Even if he is somewhat of a jackazz. (So allegedly was Bo Schembechler...and Woody Hayes...and Bob Knight...and Bill Belichick...and...and...and...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am siding with Leach on this one. Right from the beginning this story sounded like something that could only be made up. Also, why on Earth would the head athletic trainer back up Leach's story AFTER he has been fired unless it is the truth? I've gotta think Leach is right here.

I am siding with Leach on this one. Right from the beginning this story sounded like something that could only be made up. Also, why on Earth would the head athletic trainer back up Leach's story AFTER he has been fired unless it is the truth? I've gotta think Leach is right here.

Yeah, this is my thought as well. The OC also didn't back down after Leach was let go either.

I also like how at one point the report was that James was made to stand in a utility electrical closet with nowhere to sit and in his own video he released there are two chairs in the electrical closet...that more than likely, as stories unfold, he was never in to begin with anyway.

The kid was a prima dona. If his daddy wasn't a ESPN employee this story never would have come out. To me it sounds like the kid was lazy and entitled and he was treated like any other lazy football player. Problem was his daddy felt bad for poor Adam so he made this a big story. Who in the hell are they going to get that is better than Mike Leach? I mean who want's to come down to Lubbock TX and try and go up against Texas and Texas A&M (much larger fan base). I think they sealed their own fate and they can all thank Craig and Adam James for it.

Leach has zero class whatsoever. He continues to make himself look worse and worse each time he opens his mouth.

The kid was a prima dona. If his daddy wasn't a ESPN employee this story never would have come out. To me it sounds like the kid was lazy and entitled and he was treated like any other lazy football player. Problem was his daddy felt bad for poor Adam so he made this a big story. Who in the hell are they going to get that is better than Mike Leach? I mean who want's to come down to Lubbock TX and try and go up against Texas and Texas A&M (much larger fan base). I think they sealed their own fate and they can all thank Craig and Adam James for it.

Not true...the James family only wanted an apology, that's it...nothing more...when Pirate Mike didn't give it to them, the school had their reason to stab him in the back and save their millions and bonus money...the school went public with it, by suspending him, not the James family.

Not true...the James family only wanted an apology, that's it...nothing more...when Pirate Mike didn't give it to them, the school had their reason to stab him in the back and save their millions and bonus money...the school went public with it, by suspending him, not the James family.

Correct.

Leach only has Leach to blame for this actions. The lack of accountability in this world is disgusting.

Correct.

Leach only has Leach to blame for this actions. The lack of accountability in this world is disgusting.

Exactly...and no matter how wrong the motives of the university are, they wouldn't have their hammer if Leach didn't hand it to them.

Yeah Leach supposedly had multiple chances to save himself..(according to the channcelor)...and wouldn't. I'm not so sure he was fired totally for what happened to Adam James...as much as his handling of his suspension was the last straw for the TTU administration who had grown tired of his antics...and by numerous accounts Mike Leach had come to believe that he WAS TTU...people have said he appeared to believe he was bigger than the university.

I'm siding with Leach on this one. A trainer, other coaches and player shave all stood up for Leach. The kid also has people on his side but I tend to believe adults over 18-20 year old kids. Leach has done things with that program that nobody else has been able to do and should be protective of what he built. What is funny to me is that this is the first and only case I have heard of against the coach, you would think being there 10 years there would be more of the same thing but there isn't. I think it is a witch hunt in order to get rid of Leach and his contract.

I'm siding with Leach on this one. A trainer, other coaches and player shave all stood up for Leach. The kid also has people on his side but I tend to believe adults over 18-20 year old kids. Leach has done things with that program that nobody else has been able to do and should be protective of what he built. What is funny to me is that this is the first and only case I have heard of against the coach, you would think being there 10 years there would be more of the same thing but there isn't. I think it is a witch hunt in order to get rid of Leach and his contract.

It's absolutely that...but if you don't want shot in the back, don't hand them the gun and turn around.

Edit: As in most cases of "he said/she said" the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of what each side is telling us. I will say this against Leach...if the kid's a prima dona and not very talented and only playing because of who his dad is, then you're not headcoach material and you're not putting your team in the best position to win every week by playing him and catering to his pops.

Last edited:
I kind of felt Leach was being railroaded before that interview. I think he may have screwed up future job prospects with the ESPN interview.

I'm with Leach on this, I personally don't see that he did anything wrong in the first place. I see an awful lot of knee jerk reactions but no proof that he did anything wrong. I wouldn't have backed down if I were in his shoes either. You let one kid get away with this kind of crap and then how the heck do you get any control after that. Leach's biggest regret is offering that james kid a scholly in the first place. I hope it is a long time before this program gets out of the Big 12 basement again.

Yeah TTU trainer goes on record as saying he Did not agree with the treatment and told James as much....Also Physician (team physician?) saying he was totally against it. Leach deserved to be fired it's starting to look like. My one thing is the Trainer should've had enouch cahones to tell Leach it was terrible treatment.

Adam James is lazy and has a sense of entitlement. That would be because of his "Helicopter Dad".

"Pincock said that Adam James showed up at practice after the concussion diagnosis in sunglasses and street clothes and showed a “noncaringâ€￾ attitude when asked to walk around the field.
Pincock said the first place James was placed, which had been reported as a shed, was in fact an equipment garage. The lock on the garage was broken, he said.

“I instructed Adam to stay in the garage and out of the sun, so the light would not worsen his condition,â€￾ Pincock said. “While in the garage, Adam was walking around, eating ice, sitting on the ground, and, at one point, sleeping.â€￾

He added: “Coach Leach asked that Adam be placed in a location where sunlight could not bother him, as he was wearing sunglasses. Two trainers, including myself, monitored Adam at all times.â€￾

Leach Denies He Mistreated Player With Concussion - NYTimes.com

All night long on the Alamo broadcast, Mike Patrick's hammering Leach for "penalizing the kid for a concussion". Not once, including the lengthy halftime report, have they mentioned the kid's behavior that day.

All night long they've claimed new affadavits from the trainer & team doc "contradict" Leach's ESPN interview. They don't... but they do show AJ lied about the electrical closet and being "locked in" and being "forced to stand". And Craig James defamed Leach in claiming he "endangered" his son.

ESPN's coverage has been inexcusable.

Last edited: