Wow. Can we Play Any Better?

I don’t know, but they are peaking down the stretch much like last year’s team. They are young though and can still get shell shocked I bet. They’re going to face adversity again. They’re gonna lose a few more games, but I wanna see continued growth like we have all year

Meh, tempt fate all ya want. Iowa’s in a little better shape than we thought. All good, now let’s go out and advance in March.

They do. Most people thought it was less Jordan because they have no idea what their talking about. A change was needed though. Jordan can probably still be off coming up. He’s gaurdable, but Iowa might have some rocks to throw at that now and I’m pumped about it. Great guard play in general this season.

I think it is really a great coaching move to have Joe come off the bench. Takes the pressure off him and better utilizes his quickness bringing tremendous energy into the game. Also love the combination of Joe , Ulis Chris and keegan on the floor together.
Yeah, it’s a thing of beauty. Fran doing this right after Luka is gonna work out fine for Iowa.

It’s like they finally decided to let their defense set up their offense. Bohannon has played so much better on defense. They look like a different team than a few weeks ago.

Yep, I am not sure but he looks like he is not reaching on defense nearly as much, not getting off balance and scrambling but just good positional defense and let your teammates help you out.

A Sweet 16 run would be a resounding success for a number of reasons all listed before.

I'm starting to think it may be possible depending on the seeding and who is in front of them.

But, it is still a hump to be climbed. Things still to be concerned about is when Iowa faces a dominate center, an elite backcourt, or both of these things.

Another thing to consider.....well first....hell seemed to be freezing over tonight. Izzo actually gets a T from the refs and Iowa takes Michigan St to the woodshed.

Maybe hell will freeze over here as well.....but the Goddamn NCAA committee always seems to screw over Iowa with giving us the crappiest seeding possible of that seed line....and match us up with a death match in the 2nd round (Duke, Duke, Kentucky, Gonzaga, an over-seated team like Oregon, etc). And, literally, everything goes to chalk. Iowa seemingly never gets a break with an upset. It would be fantastic for that shit to stop this year.

Yep, I am not sure but he looks like he is not reaching on defense nearly as much, not getting off balance and scrambling but just good positional defense and let your teammates help you out.
JBO has been more physical on D. But has not picked up fouls, so he must be doing it right. I have also noticed that at times when a guy on D tries to man handle JBO, he has retaliated with some pretty aggressive play. Saw it three times tonight. No calls either way.

Amazing how 2 wins can change our perspective. After the Michigan game many of us, myself included, wondered how Iowa was going to get into the tournament. Now we are wondering if they can make a run in it.
It is. It’s why I didn’t put the “must win”tag on the MU game. Too many other opportunities still in front of them. They can breath easier now but this team feels poised for something better. Let’s hope for better results this tournament regardless of seed. Boy is it nice to think like that.

When they say Fran’s teams are like families, they aren’t kidding and that started way before this run with sibblings on the team. Fran created an amazing culture at Iowa from the start and we’re all now witnessing that culture, that chemisty, that hard work to achieve higher than expected that Fran instills in them. They need some post season wins majorly, but hard not to be excited.

It is. It’s why I didn’t put the “must win”tag on the MU game. Too many other opportunities still in front of them. They can breath easier now but this team feels poised for something better. Let’s hope for better results this tournament regardless of seed. Boy is it nice to think like that.

I never thought Michigan was a must win but Iowa needed to win one of the 3 games against Michigan schools and that one looked the most favorable. Turns out the MSU one was.

So far so great but still needs to be tempered. Nothing has changed that the last two games will probably tell the tale of the progress. You keep working and certainly don't think you are "there" just yet. Nice to play from ahead but what about that Michigan situation. What happens when they are down six or seven in the second half?

OSU is a bit scary since it was a rescheduled game. MSU we beat by 30 last time, Rutgers beat them by 21 and they are in a tailspin. Jumped on them like you should no doubt but can't pat yourself on the back too hard.

They need to keep working and be hungry for more and stay healthy.

Oh, did that stupid announcer last night say Utah State was the big earlier win for Iowa? 16-13 Utah State was better than at Virginia? Stupid NET adherence I guess. Let's see 7th place in the Mountain West Utah State be 11-6 in the ACC like Virginia is. Va was a road game vs. neutral court Utah State. Geez.

Last edited: