Would you be excited to play ISU in the Insight Bowl?

Cant deny that, but Rhoads is starting to turn the corner.

So next year is the year for ISU dominance!!! Is ISU going to celebrate huge next year? It will be the 100th anniversary since there last football conference championship.

That 1912 team was something else.

Dont know if Iowa could honestly score more than a touchdown on Iowa State at this point. Too many issues on Iowa's offense and Iowa State's defense, well they have just become the best defense in an offense happy league.
You serious Clark? Me thinks you're a little high on ISU's Defense right now. No pun intended.

Which would explain why we have picked up TCU, WVU (barring the lawsuit) and more than likely Louisville and cincy, yeah that's really a dying conference lemme tell ya. :rolleyes:

Have fun with losses to those 4 more schools. The only team ISU has a chance against is Louisville. Enjoy.
ISU is really trending up though, go get em!!!

Have fun with losses to those 4 more schools. The only team ISU has a chance against is Louisville. Enjoy.
ISU is really trending up though, go get em!!!

Really? WVU is nothing special and neither is Cincy.
The only team we probably have no shot at is TCU, they are just solid all around.

Who has more momentum in their program Iowa or ISU? Iowa plays some crappy *** schedule and has a man that makes 1 mill per every crappy Big 10 win and ISU just beats teams like #2 and #17 in the country and has a coach that is going to a bowl for the 2nd time in 3 years. Bet Ferentz wishes he could have said the same.

Counting the win over TT as a win vs #17? Really...5-6 TT...the team that just happened to bite OU in the *** and end up ranked for a week?

LOL...same ol' **** you use to prove you have such a hard SOS.

Who in their right mind would want to play in or watch a bowl game with an Iowa-Iowa State matchup? Talk about a crap bowl game. Such a matchup would certainly be one.

Counting the win over TT as a win vs #17? Really...5-6 TT...the team that just happened to bite OU in the *** and end up ranked for a week?

It's a weird thing to say since in that same 3 year period we have beaten teams who finish their regular seasons ranked 13th,25th,9th,12th, and 16th and have won 2 bowls including a BCS bowl win.

I know, its so ******** its very difficult to talk with these people. They have a win over Iowa this year and a win over the #2 team in the country on a night when multiple people in their athletic department died in a plane crash the day before.
These guys need to get real. You will be 6-6 this year and go to a bowl. Good for you. Next year has the potential to be another 3-9, 4-8, 5-7 typical ISU team. They will really be something though.
If they had some sort of history or anything to cling to that this season is not just an anomoly I would understand the excitement, but they don't. One MEDIOCRE season, does not mean anything. If they beat the Hawks again next year and have a good/decent season and another bowl game then I can understand the excitement, but c'mon a crap bowl game every other or every couple of years does not mean they are trending up at all.
ISU fans are so nonsensical. Like the basketball team this year was going to be awesome, then they lost to Drake and all that chatter stopped. This is what ISU fans do. Which is typical little brother syndrome.

It's a weird thing to say since in that same 3 year period we have beaten teams who finish their regular seasons ranked 13th,25th,9th,12th, and 16th and have won 2 bowls including a BCS bowl win.

I thought he was bragging just about winning two games this season against ranked opponents....which includes a win against 5-7 Texas Tech....

I thought he was bragging just about winning two games this season against ranked opponents....which includes a win against 5-6 Texas Tech....

Nah, he said something about going to a bowl game for the 2nd time in three years. Though it is pretty obvious he's trolling and I keep biting.

I know, its so ******** its very difficult to talk with these people. They have a win over Iowa this year and a win over the #2 team in the country on a night when multiple people in their athletic department died in a plane crash the day before.
These guys need to get real. You will be 6-6 this year and go to a bowl. Good for you. Next year has the potential to be another 3-9, 4-8, 5-7 typical ISU team. They will really be something though.
If they had some sort of history or anything to cling to that this season is not just an anomoly I would understand the excitement, but they don't. One MEDIOCRE season, does not mean anything. If they beat the Hawks again next year and have a good/decent season and another bowl game then I can understand the excitement, but c'mon a crap bowl game every other or every couple of years does not mean they are trending up at all.
ISU fans are so nonsensical. Like the basketball team this year was going to be awesome, then they lost to Drake and all that chatter stopped. This is what ISU fans do. Which is typical little brother syndrome.

Just like when iowa fans thought that they were "back" yeah how'd that game go against the fighting soup cans? what about Creighton (Yes they would beat ISU). and what about the Clemson tigers?

and you went to the same bowl game as us last year.... but keep going.

So, to answer the original question before this thread got off track, I don't think I want to see a rematch. I've already seen this game. I think its more fun when you get to play a school you don't usually get to play like South Carolina for Iowa, or Minnesota for ISU.

As an ISU fan, I think it would be fun. Not only the hype in the state of Iowa for 4 straight weeks would be wild, but heading down to Arizona for a bowl game + New Years with my Iowa alum buddies would be a good time.

I don't like the idea of Kirk dialing up a game plan for 4 weeks, but I do like how ISU's D is playing this passed month. ISU wins, the taunting doubles and lasts for awhile (twice in the same year would come up fairly often), ISU loses, our holding it over Iowa fans head schedule gets shortened by about 9 months. Putting something on the line other then a meaningless Insight Bowl trophy would make it much, much more interesting.

THIS (well, except the being an ISU fan part!). The bottom line is that Iowa was a mediocre team this year, and whatever team we face is going to mediocre as well. Bowl games (especially the meaningless ones) are supposed to be fun. This game most certainly would make for a fun atmosphere.

Have you checked the Iowa SOS? ISU has been top 10 all year, Iowa, 80-90.

Have you checked the Iowa SOS? ISU has been top 10 all year, Iowa, 80-90.

Hey dumb dumb, check out Iowa's SOS in 2009...result 11-2, BCS bowl game win, top 8 finish and I will guarantee no Hawk I know was going around boo hooing about SOS (it was 8th by the way)

Latest posts