would they fire Harbaugh if Iowa blows them out of the water?

Michigan is too high brow to fire him mid-season but if Iowa beats them even by 10 and then if they lose 2-3 more games he might be gone. I mean he has had several years to recruit and put his team in place. He has a experienced QB but he has a new offense and maybe offensive Coord for whatever reason that I cant remember.

Depending on where the games are played I could see Mich losing up to 4 more games and who knows maybe more. They could lose to Iowa, PSU, MSU, and OSU who will kill them again most likely.

upload_2019-9-30_20-15-53.jpeg

upload_2019-9-30_20-15-14.jpeg

518XfXfUOUL.jpg

If they are smart they don't. Starting over again with who knows what coach will only set them back... not spring them forward. They made their decision for the long term in hiring him to start with. The whole knee jerk reaction to firing coaches who are underperforming is what it is I get it. But there's being prudent and then there's being stupid.

No. And if they blow us out they'll be saying how Jimmy has turned the program around and still has a chance to make the CF Playoff.

If they are smart they don't. Starting over again with who knows what coach will only set them back... not spring them forward. They made their decision for the long term in hiring him to start with. The whole knee jerk reaction to firing coaches who are underperforming is what it is I get it. But there's being prudent and then there's being stupid.

Except for the fact that Michigan's name/history essentially recruit for themselves and Harbaugh's inability to win games in which they aren't favored has spoken for itself. I guess there's no shame in keeping him long term and being happy with 2nd place in the east most years.

I definitely see where you're coming from, but their "long term" goal in hiring him was winning conference championships and NC's and he's not delivering. I don't think a program with the prestige of Michigan is going to stay with a golden boy who can't get it done. I see them in the same boat as Nebby with regards to expectations, the difference of course being Michigan is still somewhat relevant nationally.

Nope. He is the prodigal son. If Jimmy cant fix it, it cant be fixed. He is the last hope they have.

There’s coaches who could get them up there. Dabo. They’re so f’n dumb for thinking they need a “Michigan man”. A guy like Brian Kelly would have them in a better spot

Last edited:
Let's get this out of the way right now. I can't stand Jimmy. There's literally nothing about him I can stand. From his recruit sleepovers to his thousand yard stare to his uppity "who has it better than us" attitude.

But this thread has to be a joke, right?

The guy is 41-15, which is damn near 75%. Are you people seriously debating if Michigan would fire their native son with a 75% winning %?

Yeah, he hasn't beaten OSU....big deal, so has damn near no one else either.

So yeah, I can't stand Harbaugh....but I hate "stupid" even more.....

Let's get this out of the way right now. I can't stand Jimmy. There's literally nothing about him I can stand. From his recruit sleepovers to his thousand yard stare to his uppity "who has it better than us" attitude.

The guy is 41-15, which is damn near 75%. Are you people seriously debating if Michigan would fire their native son with a 75% winning %?

The UM press are after him. They think anybody can win 70% of their games up there. They think their program is in a dark place.

Jimmy really has two problems - 1) a young defense, 2) a bad quarterback. One of those he can fix once Mccaffery is out of concussion protocol. The other one will get fixed as the year goes along. I am glad Iowa isn't playing them in November this year.

No. Jimmy is never getting fired.

He’ll be told behind the scenes to start looking for an NFL job or

he’ll step down having concerns with health issues from having the khakis hiked up high and tight for years.

He is never getting fired.

You express my feelings perfectly here. He makes me root for Ohio state and I hate that.

Michigan is simply the most delusional fanbase (more than Nebraska) about their importance in the college football hierarchy. They’ve won 0.5 national championships in the last 70 yrs and they think they should be competing with Alabama.

Michigan is a wanna be Ohio state and that’s all they’ll ever be.

Latest posts