Would or wouldn't you want Jake Kelly back on this team?

I have no problem with it as long as he pays his own way and isn't given a scholarship.

I agree 1000000 percent with this.

IF he comes back to Iowa, it would completely show to me that his reason(s) for leaving were not what we thought they were.

I understand a kid being homesick.

I do not understand the same kid saying he is homesick due to the loss of a family member, but then, just a few months later, wants everything to go back to what it was.

No.

As Lincoln Hawk would say, "the world meets NOBODY halfway."

Yeah let's give the Pierre Pierce of the world a second chance, let's give the drunken idiots of the world like Anthony Tucker a second chance, no problem if Kingsbury takes a leak in the middle of a hotel lobby. But let's not give the quality person who lost a parent in a tradegy a second shot. Comple utter Morons for even discussing this!!!!!

Yeah let's give the Pierre Pierce of the world a second chance, let's give the drunken idiots of the world like Anthony Tucker a second chance, no problem if Kingsbury takes a leak in the middle of a hotel lobby. But let's not give the quality person who lost a parent in a tradegy a second shot. Comple utter Morons for even discussing this!!!!!

This.

How many of the posters here struggled with life and the direction you were going at this age. How many have lost a parent? How many have lost a parent at the age you were just out on your own trying to define yourself? I lost my father at age 37. That was hard enough even at that age. I feel for the kid and wish him the very best. If the best for him is in IC then welcome back Jake, you were great for Hawkeye nation when you were here and welcome back anytime in what ever capacity you have to offer in my book.

+1

I cannot believe the idiocy on this board some times.

Some people are utterly clueless. The OP stated in another thread that he didn't want Kelley here because he "abondoned his team". You are talking about a 20 year old kid who lost his mother. He didn't abondon anything, you on the other hand appear to have abondoned common sense.

Someone else here says if he comes back it shows his stated reason for leaving wasn't true... WTF? What does that even mean?

I understand if a scholly isn't available and he has to pay his own way, I also understand giving him a scholly if it's available. We have what 15 scholarships to give and by my count we will have 13 filled if everyone commited comes and everyone else stays. There is no 5 and 8 rule anymore. It's not like we can use that scholarship for anyone else. It would basically be the equivilent of giving a scholarship to a JUCO point guard except this guy already knows the offense. Why not give him a scholarship?

Not to sound like a dick but at some point the loss of a parent has to stop being an excuse for flaking out on your commitments.

Not to sound like a dick but at some point the loss of a parent has to stop being an excuse for flaking out on your commitments.

When you start a post with "Not to sound like...." that means that is exactly what you sound like, and even YOU know it.

The kid made a decision to move closer to his family, I don't fault him for that. He found out through experience that wasn't the answer for him. I'm an employer, and i have had people quit, and I tell them before they leave the grass ins't necessarily greener on the other side, and they leave anyway. After leaving I have had many that want their job back later. It happens in life all the time, and those decision I described don't even include family tragedy.

Too bad, you sound like a dick.

And I can deal that but it doesn't change the fact that the kid can't commit to anything as far as I can tell. What would be going so horrible that he would even consider coming back here? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he's playing garbage basketball.