Would or wouldn't you want Jake Kelly back on this team?

And I can deal that but it doesn't change the fact that the kid can't commit to anything as far as I can tell. What would be going so horrible that he would even consider coming back here? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he's playing garbage basketball.

Dude, quit while you're behind.

Dude, quit while you're behind.

Just saying, he left the team in a bad spot when he left. I'm not sure what sort of position he'll be leaving Indiana St in if he leaves but we all know how bad it sucks to lose a player to transfer. And with his track record who knows if he'll flake on us again when the mood strikes him.

Yeah let's give the Pierre Pierce of the world a second chance, let's give the drunken idiots of the world like Anthony Tucker a second chance, no problem if Kingsbury takes a leak in the middle of a hotel lobby. But let's not give the quality person who lost a parent in a tradegy a second shot. Comple utter Morons for even discussing this!!!!!
I thought it was in the fountain outside the hotel lobby...
And really, who among us can honestly say we haven't peed in a public fountain with hundreds of people around?

Lickliter thought enough of Jake to contact the NCAA and back his hardship transfer so he must of seen him struggling with his mother's death last year.

If Jake is willing to climb back on this "sinking ship" to help it also sends a message to the rest of the current roster and recruits that things aren't as bad at Iowa as everyone on the message boards and media are saying.

He deserves a second chance and I hope he takes his time and sits out all next year to get completely healthy then comes on in 2011-12 for his senior year.

I thought it was in the fountain outside the hotel lobby...
And really, who among us can honestly say we haven't peed in a public fountain with hundreds of people around?

Actually it was just a potted plant, unless he peed in that lobby more than the one time I saw. That guy was just legendary. He'd be trashed at the Column sucking down heaters until 2am then play a 10am saturday tip off at Carver.

Can a walk on receive academic scholarship?
I know a guy that went to Iowa Central on an art scholarship. He happened to play football and had nothing to do with art.....

I'm thrilled for Jake coming back. He was most of the reason for our moderate successes when he was here. I don't really care how it happens.

Last edited:
thats all.

Not sure I stated that question in the correct manner but you get it.

The thing is, we don't know what was really going on behind the scenes, what was said, what attitudes displayed, etc.

All that being said, I would say yes, welcome him back as a walk on.

Too bad, you sound like a dick.
WOW. Have you ever lost anyone close to you at all? Let alone being a 20 year old kid on vacation and return without your mother? My Dad has been dead two years now, I'm 34 and him being gone is still very emotional for me. I welcome Jake back but I hope it is fair to the current and players that ae coming in, the program and the U fo I.

If you DON'T want Kelly back....I'd question whether you should be on this board at all.....unless of course, you're a troll.

Kelly knows the offense and was/is the only player that really could effectively create his own shot. This would be a help....not a savior...but a positive nontheless.

I'd take Jake back in heartbeat.
I know he left the team,but for only the reasons that Jake knows.
I haven't loss either of my parents ,thanks be to God.
If you haven't walked a mile in someone elses shoes ,it's hard to say where they 've been,or where they are at now.I feel for Jake and if he wants to come back,then I say welcome him home..