Would Kirk win the national title with bama's roster?

WindyCityHawkI

Honest question. I wonder if the ultra ultra conservative approach would blow a game, always playing not to lose instead of keeping the pedal down like bama does.

In all honesty, no he would not. He would have lost at LSU besides the A&M game. Hell he could lose to Vanderbilt, they are not exactly chopped liver.

No... One big issue would be that KF couldn't handle the type of player he would need to be successful there.

In all honesty, no he would not. He would have lost at LSU besides the A&M game. Hell he could lose to Vanderbilt, they are not exactly chopped liver.

It's beyond obvious that he has coached his teams down the last 3 years. Didn't say his whole career at Iowa, but he sure has the last three years.

FreedComanche

A lot of SEC schools have oodles of talent, only Bama has Saban.

You are right to an extent. Where were the National Championships while he was at Michigan State? You still have to have the talent and the SEC big dogs certainly do.

I think Ferentz would have a better chance of winning a national championship at Alabama than Saban would at Iowa.

You are right to an extent. Where were the National Championships while he was at Michigan State? You still have to have the talent and the SEC big dogs certainly do.

I think Ferentz would have a better chance of winning a national championship at Alabama than Saban would at Iowa.

Where were the oodles of talent at Michigan State? That's my point, you have to have talent, but when all equal, the coach puts the team over the top.

Without question.

A lot of SEC schools have oodles of talent, only Bama has Saban.
I think we are arguing the same side of the coin here. I mistook your original post to mean that Saban was the reason regardless of all the talent.

No disputing the man can coach.

Where were the oodles of talent at Michigan State? That's my point, you have to have talent, but when all equal, the coach puts the team over the top.

At Alabama, yes...since it is in history books that KF beat Sabin heads up in the '05 Cap 1 Bowl.
Ferentz > Sabin.
Right???

With all this NFL talent on this roster I wonder how Alabama even loses a game. I think even Lickliter could win a National Championship with this team.