Would Kirk win the national title with bama's roster?

Anyone remember how abysmal the '97 Sun Bowl was?

The Hawkeyes totaled 30 yards in the first half, just five on the ground, and trailed at halftime, 10-0. They moved inside Arizona State territory on consecutive possessions in the third quarter but were stopped both times when they attempted to convert on 4th-and-1.

...Arizona State outgained Iowa, 377-209, including a 268-19 advantage on the ground.

Iowa avoided its first shutout in four years with 49 seconds remaining when Randy Reiners connected with Ricchard Carter for a 26-yard score.

Honest question. I wonder if the ultra ultra conservative approach would blow a game, always playing not to lose instead of keeping the pedal down like bama does.

We'll fine out in two years when we are playing for the title....I mean this isn't no dog crap team we are starting to put together!

***snort***

depends if they convert the taurus to rwd and put the proper transmission, suspension and tires on it. The basic 911 is quick but not ferrari F12 quick. 730 hp plus fat, sticky tires, plus a proper transmission = one seriousy fast taurus and costs about half a milllion dollars.

The closest a Fry coached team came to the 2010 team was the 1988 team. Iowa was the favored team to win the Big Ten and go to the Rose Bowl. There was plenty of talent on that team (Cook, Stewart, Hartlieb, Quast, Hanks come to mind) but still not the talent the 2010 team had.

A lot of SEC schools have oodles of talent, only Bama has Saban.

Saban, Smaban.

He sucked at Michigan State.
Iowa kicked his *** when he was at LSU.
He sucked as the Dolphins coach.
He somehow hit a gold mine at Alabama. He makes 5 million +. His players probably make close to that...

ferentz is to conservative to win a championship with bama's roster.

I should of added that ferentz isn't that good of a coach. Ferentz is to conservative, he doesn't have any vision, and he isn't that good of a coach.

KF and Saban play almost exactly the same,albeit with different talent.
Both are about strong defense and running games.

KF and Saban play almost exactly the same,albeit with different talent.
Both are about strong defense and running games.
Play the same. Like how my car has 4 tires and so does an Indy car.

Saban plays like he has a set, Kirk's are at home in Mary's night stand. Saban will go for the knock out punch. Kirk plays to lose.

Honest question. I wonder if the ultra ultra conservative approach would blow a game, always playing not to lose instead of keeping the pedal down like bama does.

Your question is sincere, but it's an indefinable hypothetical. The Kirk we know, would not have these players... he'd have to be a different kind of coach. And if he did, they wouldn't be the same players under him, that they are now.

So, no matter how you spin it... No.

No! He wouldnt make it to the title game. He would lose to someone he wasnt supposed to.

Latest posts