Would Iowa's NIT chances be helped by a loss vs NW?

Just Googled it, yeah buzzer beater. Listen to the call, it's by Dave Revsine when he was at ESPN.

Drejaj FOR 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - YouTube

Wow, how could they not blow a PC fould there? That was an obvious charge. I don't understand why some officials think "letting the players decide" something in the last min means not blowing the whistle. The officials penalized the entire defensive team there by not blowing the whistle.

Last edited:
You are the only one who thinks that is the case.

I'll address this but I'm not going to continue a hijack with further response...

If Iowa had gone and hired one person from outside the program to fill the DC void and left everyone else in the same positions there would have been less turmoil/change then hiring from within and having to juggle around the remaining coaching staff to fit. The latter is exactly what happened. It is not debateable.

Just Googled it, yeah buzzer beater. Listen to the call, it's by Dave Revsine when he was at ESPN.

Dude, seriously I remember that game and I refuse to watch a replay of the ending. Iowa led almost that entire game and choked at the end.

How about posting the NWstate ending, the UNLV game, or that NW ending. Heck, I love rewatching my nightmares.

UHHHHH, le's imagine Fran telling his guys we need to lose against NW so we have a shot at the NIT. I would imagine Mattyfresh and the boys are ready to make a run and win the B1G tourny and go dancing. Losing is not an option, especially on senior day. I have a feeling you see all hands on deck and everyone playing lights out for Mattyfresh!!!!

Wow, how could they not blow a PC fould there? That was an obvious charge. I don't understand why some officials think "letting the players decide" something in the last min means not blowing the whistle. The officials penalized the entire defensive team there by not blowing the whistle.

Pierce thought he had help D, he did. D was there.

Tough call either way.

Dude, seriously I remember that game and I refuse to watch a replay of the ending. Iowa led almost that entire game and choked at the end.

How about posting the NWstate ending, the UNLV game, or that NW ending. Heck, I love rewatching my nightmares.

I have in the past, silly. I'm not going to go do it again. Don't Ghost me like that. :)

Pierce thought he had help D, he did. D was there.

Tough call either way.

Thats not a tough call. The defense was established in a legal position and the offensive player abosultely crushed him. He blew him 6 feet backwards for **** sake. Even after the contact the offensive players forward momentum carries him another 3 feet. That's just a terrible no call, I'd be embarassed to be on that film.

If the offensive player was in controll he would have excecuted a jump stop and passed to the the corner. He wasn't, the help defense caught him off guard and did a great job getting into perfect position. Again you reward bad offense/penalize great defense when you don't call this.

I'll address this but I'm not going to continue a hijack with further response...

If Iowa had gone and hired one person from outside the program to fill the DC void and left everyone else in the same positions there would have been less turmoil/change then hiring from within and having to juggle around the remaining coaching staff to fit. The latter is exactly what happened. It is not debateable.

You are right that it is not debatable. Stupid generally isn't debatable.

i`m tired of losing to northwestern or northwestern state, damn it just beat than ask questions later freaking bodyslamming win games.

I personally want the long standing tradition of NW not making the NCAA tournament or winning a bowl game to continue through my lifetime.

A couple points from my perspective, for what a win over NW would mean:

1. I'm sick of losing to NW. Any win over those guys would be nice to see. It would also keep us ahead of them in the final Big Ten standings.

2. Puts us at .500 in the final conference standings. How many of us wouldn't have taken a 9-9 conference record this year?

3. Puts us at 17-14, guaranteeing a winning season, no matter what happens in the BTT and post-season, for the first time in 5 years. 17-16 would be the worst possible final record.

A loss to NW and we dont get in for sure makes this discussion pretty easy

And how is NW on the bubble at all? They have one good win (mich state) and one decent win (seton hall). The rest of their wins are garbage and they are 7-10 in conference. I guess the bubble is that soft but there have to be more deserving teams than this collection of ugly ducklings

like janet reno?

Latest posts