Would have more success at Iowa State

Based on the explanations given by the family, it is hard to believe that it really came down to a last day decision.

That whole notion is misleading. Yes, there are more guys that Prohm has had that are in the NBA but it's not due to Prohm's coaching or development. It's due to fact that the players were NBA material before they went to ISU.

Xavier isn't going to help his cause in going to the NBA by going to ISU over Iowa. It's whether he has the ability now, or eventual ability to get there. Fran or Prohm "developing" them wouldn't have made a lick of difference, or a negligible one if there was any.

Nobody said he is going to get there or not or how. He's an 18 yr old kid who hears coaches telling him "we have so many guys that played here now in the NBA" or stating that success vs what is going on over at Iowa. You're telling me some 18yr old kid and his father aren't going to be interested in that.

Hell, X Foster's dad even stated that was a large part of their decision.

Based on the explanations given by the family, it is hard to believe that it really came down to a last day decision.

His dad scheduled an interview to go on All Hawkeye's Radio the night before Xavier declared per Pat. Why do that if you knew? To not tip a hand? Maybe. But, it would just be easier to say "we're not doing any interviews" and to even ghost the request. I don't even think his dad knew til possibly real late. It was likely a hard decision and I think most people thought he was leaning Iowa.

His dad scheduled an interview to go on All Hawkeye's Radio the night before Xavier declared per Pat. Why do that if you knew? To not tip a hand? Maybe. But, it would just be easier to say "we're not doing any interviews" and to even ghost the request. I don't even think his dad knew til possibly real late. It was likely a hard decision and I think most people thought he was leaning Iowa.

I suppose all things being considered, he still could have wanted to be true to his roots and help with rebuilding right up to the last moment. However, the reasons given were not coin flips.

I suppose all things being considered, he still could have wanted to be true to his roots and help with rebuilding right up to the last moment. However, the reasons given were not coin flips.

You're right. The reasons giving were the pros to ISU. If he would have chosen Iowa he would have given different pros for the reason why.

247 Sports / Recruiting (class rankings)...........

ISU - #15

UI - # 54

This is how you're more likely to send players to the NBA........and win more games.

ISU - #15

UI - # 54

This is how you're more likely to send players to the NBA........and win more games.
I would have guessed we would have been lower than that.

Nobody said he is going to get there or not or how. He's an 18 yr old kid who hears coaches telling him "we have so many guys that played here now in the NBA" or stating that success vs what is going on over at Iowa. You're telling me some 18yr old kid and his father aren't going to be interested in that.

Hell, X Foster's dad even stated that was a large part of their decision.

No, you're right about that. I'm just dissecting that whole thought process that recruits use as hogwash, as it pertains to basketball. I get why a recruit would go to where the players end up going to the NBA more. I'm not blaming XF and his dad for following that perception, I'm just saying it's a false perception.

No, you're right about that. I'm just dissecting that whole thought process that recruits use as hogwash, as it pertains to basketball. I get why a recruit would go to where the players end up going to the NBA more. I'm not blaming XF and his dad for following that perception, I'm just saying it's a false perception.

Oh yea, not disagreeing. If a guy is 7' and has athleticism and skill, he'll be found.

ISU - #15

UI - # 54

I heard this and wondered what kind of bump up just getting Foster did for ISU.

It’s very easy to read between the lines. Fran is an @$$hole. XF didn’t want to be berated every 5” for 4 years. He had another option. Can you blame him?

I've never heard a single player complain about Fran and his yelling. Not one. From what I've observed, former players all love him.

So while he might look/act like a clown on tv during games, the players genuinely seem to love him.

ISU - #15

UI - # 54

YEAH BUT WAIT TILL DOYLE GETS A HOLD OF THEM

I've never heard a single player complain about Fran and his yelling. Not one. From what I've observed, former players all love him.

So while he might look/act like a clown on tv during games, the players genuinely seem to love him.

38d103e0a1fa4d13e5ac969574d1ea34

ISU has never been and will never be close to a blue blood. What does that have to do with anything I said? I just pointed out Prohm is in year 3 without Freds players and as you said it is a “bubble year”.

I'm being sarcastic. We both know ISU isn't a blueblood. My point is most programs can't just expect an NCAA tournament every year. You also act like Prohm contributed zero to the two years after Fred left where they went to the tournament. I love how I am just being honest in my assessment of the team and you still try to find a way to take a jab at the program. The future looks bright no matter how you spin it.

I'm being sarcastic. We both know ISU isn't a blueblood. My point is most programs can't just expect an NCAA tournament every year. You also act like Prohm contributed zero to the two years after Fred left where they went to the tournament. I love how I am just being honest in my assessment of the team and you still try to find a way to take a jab at the program. The future looks bright no matter how you spin it.

So, you're on a Hawkeye site thinking you are being honest in your assessment of your Cyclone team and a Hawkeye fan is taking a jab at the Cyclones.

maxresdefault.jpg

I could have coached those Hoiberg teams and gotten as far as Prohm did.

Just following Jamie Pollard's lead. I mean he gets a football coach who wins 8 games, and he acts like some smug asshole who is winning National Titles. What kind of jerk off tweets and does what he does?

I could have coached those Hoiberg teams and gotten as far as Prohm did.

Just following Jamie Pollard's lead. I mean he gets a football coach who wins 8 games, and he acts like some smug asshole who is winning National Titles. What kind of jerk off tweets and does what he does?

Yet almost every hawkeye fan I know has told me they wish they had a Pollard type over a Barta type.

Yet almost every hawkeye fan I know has told me they wish they had a Pollard type over a Barta type.

I think we'd take an intermediate of those two. Or more ideally someone completely different. I was a fan of Bob Bowlsby. And though I wasn't around for it, can we get another Bump Elliot around here??

The funny thing is most Iowa fans knows their AD is a bag of shit, and wish him gone. ISU fans idolize their bag of shit AD, strictly because he goes all Lil Bro and trolls anyone and anything that he perceived as having slighted ISU. So basically he is just like every ISU fan ever, and ISU fans are his little cheerleaders. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest that CyTwins was actually Pollard, they are cut from the exact same clothe.

Honestly I don't get the vitriol you have for Pollard. He's a perfectly fine guy. He takes things a little to personally but nobody is perfect.

Latest posts