Would have more success at Iowa State

Honestly I don't get the vitriol you have for Pollard. He's a perfectly fine guy. He takes things a little to personally but nobody is perfect.

I have just as much vitriol for Barta as I do Pollard. What I don't get is the Pollard worship amongst the ISU fan base.

Honestly I don't get the vitriol you have for Pollard. He's a perfectly fine guy. He takes things a little to personally but nobody is perfect.

Pollard sets the tone for the AD and for the ISU fans. He has choosen the tone to be that of a Lil Brother. It is so pervasive, and he does it so much (not just to Iowa). He is out trolling the Florida St. AD who is talking about picking up a P5 game. He does it to the Texas AD, putting out a video trolling them. Then he will victim blame all day long to try to troll anything Iowa at all. I mean he just has little penis syndrome for the most part, and that is what he chooses to be his public persona. If he were the Iowa AD, I'd be just as embarrassed of his shit, than I was of losing a high profile discrimination suit.

Perfectly fine guys dont get ejected from high school basketball games especially those that are public figures. He is a douche bag, own it like the rest of the clowns do.

Pollard sets the tone for the AD and for the ISU fans. He has choosen the tone to be that of a Lil Brother. It is so pervasive, and he does it so much (not just to Iowa). He is out trolling the Florida St. AD who is talking about picking up a P5 game. He does it to the Texas AD, putting out a video trolling them. Then he will victim blame all day long to try to troll anything Iowa at all. I mean he just has little penis syndrome for the most part, and that is what he chooses to be his public persona. If he were the Iowa AD, I'd be just as embarrassed of his shit, than I was of losing a high profile discrimination suit.

He was 100% correct about Florida. Support that statement 100%.

As far as Texas goes, he was trying to make a joke. Forgive me if I don't find it particularly egregious.

Perfectly fine guys dont get ejected from high school basketball games especially those that are public figures. He is a douche bag, own it like the rest of the clowns do.

He was apologized to for by the IHSAA for that, and quite honestly I think this is completely overblown. Fran and Marge herself have gotten into a little trouble for this same thing. I'd say they are perfectly fine.

He was 100% correct about Florida. Support that statement 100%.

As far as Texas goes, he was trying to make a joke. Forgive me if I don't find it particularly egregious.

He was apologized to for by the IHSAA for that, and quite honestly I think this is completely overblown. Fran and Marge herself have gotten into a little trouble for this same thing. I'd say they are perfectly fine.

What was Pollard right about with Florida? They play a 8 game SEC schedule and play Florida St., Florida is gonna play 10 P5 teams in 2022, and they are looking for more P5 opponents. There are 36 P5 teams that play 9 conference games a year and yet there is only one freaking douche AD who has small penis syndrome who decides to be a total dick on Twitter about that Florida tweet.

I’d also bet anything that the Texas AD thought to himself God, Pollard is such a douche for that video. First of all it wasn’t funny or clever at all, and just made him look stupid like always.

To be fair PC I didn't see the video. I'm not sure what he's talking about. I just searched "Pollard trolls texas" in google and it came up with something like him tweeting we'll keep the AC on for our southern friends in the locker room, making a dumb "It's cold up here!" joke.

So much going on in yet another manic thread. Responding to the OP about a lack of athleticism and talent. I bet CJ Frederick and Joe Weiskamp may take exception to a lack of athleticism and a lack of talent comment. Perhaps Joe T on the athleticism comment or JBo and Luka on the talent comment as well. If Tyler Cook and Moss we’re still on this team, I bet there wouldn’t be one comment made about talent or athleticism! But fire Fran for Cook leaving to give the NBA a shot. And fire Fran for Moss leaving, who most likely would have stayed if Cook stayed, but saw the writing on the wall with CJ and playing time after Cook left.

Now JBo has an ailing hip and Nunge is gone for the year and Pat has residual health issues, and I’ve already seen a thread about this may be the right time for Fran to go. As if any of that is his fault. And the recruiting class, already being bashed before they even step foot on campus.

Xavier Foster is gone, deal with it. We’ll see how it plays out at ISU for him. Someone mentioned the vitriol towards Pollard. I wonder if they are the same people that constantly hate on Barta, Ferentz, Fran, KF’s kids and Fran’s kids and life in general? Hawkeye football and basketball is just a game that we all take WAY to serious. In the grand scheme of life, how much does it really matter???

This year is shaping up to be not very good to say the least. As fans we may have to focus on player development and get ready for next year’s team. Wins may be few and far between. I know that’s hard to do after only 5 games in. But it’s not Fran’s fault that Cook is gone, JBo may redshirt, Pat may redshirt and Nunge is done. Shit happens.....snort.....that’s basketball!

Last edited:
So I'll be honest I didn't make it to the end, man that's painfully cheesy.

To compare that to costing a university millions of dollars for homophobic discrimination, well that seems like a reach.

To compare that to costing a university millions of dollars for homophobic discrimination, well that seems like a reach.

It was determined that someone wasn't treated correctly, but that doesn't mean Barta did it because they were lesbians. And I'm not a Barta supporter either. He screwed up, but it wasn't proven that he had any animus towards women or gay people.

When did I ever say that this is the only idiotic thing Pollard has done? Add this to the list of the dozens of other things. Dude needs to act like an AD, and stop acting the part of a Lil Brother to everyone on the planet.

The funny thing is most Iowa fans knows their AD is a bag of shit, and wish him gone. ISU fans idolize their bag of shit AD, strictly because he goes all Lil Bro and trolls anyone and anything that he perceived as having slighted ISU. So basically he is just like every ISU fan ever, and ISU fans are his little cheerleaders. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest that CyTwins was actually Pollard, they are cut from the exact same clothe.

I don't idolize Pollard, but it's obvious the recognition he deserves and the positive changes that have happened to ISU athletics since he's arrived.

I had a meeting once with ISU's previous AD and he was so aloof and had the most horrible personality. Very thankful he's still not around.

I don't idolize Pollard, but it's obvious the recognition he deserves and the positive changes that have happened to ISU athletics since he's arrived.

I had a meeting once with ISU's previous AD and he was so aloof and had the most horrible personality. Very thankful he's still not around.

74-111 40% winning % since Pollard came to Ames
ISU all time winning % is 45%
ISU winning % since 1970 is 41% (229-323)

Looks like Jamie has basically done what every other ISU AD has done over the last 50 years, and is worse than what the history of ISU says it is. Can you name an AD that would still have a job with 15 years under his belt, is on his 3 head football coach, and still only has a 40% winning %?

Other schools laugh at the way Pollard has made the ISU fan base his cult with these results.

Pollard's schtick will run its course. It's cute to fans now but once the honeymoon phase is over it will become god awful annoying.

Latest posts