Worst one shining moment ever.

I agree, that used to be a goosebump time when that song came on. Who is the guy that sung the song in the past? He always did a good job.
Jenifer Hudson was bad period and the face time she got was awful. She is no Shakira and did not deserve to be shown as much as she was.

That song has always been horrible, no matter who sings it.
I agree, but at least when Barrett did it, it was "good" in the sense that it was a classic. The lyrics are lame, but the whole 80s feel to the tune is what makes it so special to all of us that grew up with it. I didn't really like either of the remakes with Luther or the guy before him either. And then this one, eek. What a piece of crap.

The NCAA/CBS need to get back to its roots, they are screwing a lot of stuff up lately.

She sucked! She was screamimg half the tme... You had to look at her ugly mug instead of highlights... absolutely awful. Some things should never be messed with and whoever did that should be fired!

Agree!! Should save the Jennifer Hudson version for the women's tournament finale!! If it ain't broke...don't fix it!!! Next season going to be Lady Ga Ga???

The Luther Vandross version of this song is light years better vocally than Hudson's high pitched screaming. Just unlistenable!! Luther's version enabled you to enjoy the highlights along with the song instead of being distracted by crappy "vocal gymnastics". Why mess with something that worked so well. Sigh....thanks again CBS for ruining one of the best moments of the tourney.

And in case you missed it, here was the crap that aired last night:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBcogk0SWIo]YouTube - Jennifer Hudson NCAA 2010 'One Shining Moment'[/ame]

I was extremely dissappointed last night. If Jennifer Hudson sings it next year they might as well get rid of it. With all the uproar today do you think that will CBS will listen to the fans or just do what they do because they are CBS and they don't care. I mean the only reason I stay up after the game is to watch that and they put the ball of suckitude on there and expect fans(who are mostly men and could give a crap less about Jennifer Hudson) to like it.

I agree that it was terrible. The third time they cut to the singer (mind you, this was 30 seconds in) I couldn't help but scream, "Why do they keep showing her?! No one f*ing cares!"

What a disgrace. I hope someone gets fired.

Musically, I had no problem with her interpretation until about 2:25 when it bordered on shrieking. Jennifer Hudson is a very good but not great singer. She was not out of tune on those notes but she was shrill where Whitney or Mariah would have nailed it with power.

So the real issue was the video cutaways. Totally distracting, broke the flow. CBS, IT'S ABOUT THE BASKETBALL.

I don't get what all the uproar is about. I thought that clip was equally as "emotional" as the 1991 clip stormin put up on the last page.

I didn't realize how much passion there was among tournament fans for the original version of "OSM." The criticism has been widespread and hopefully it will be heard by the CBS producers. If it were up to me I'd make OSM twice as long in addition to getting rid of the cut-ins to video of the singer. I didn't mind her singing so much as the cut-ins, which have nothing to do with the story OSM is supposed to tell.

I am in agreement with everyone else regarding the travesty that was the 2010 edition of "OSM." With that said, I really like the Luther Vandross version. However, I would be more than happy if they went back to either of the versions prior to his, just so long as they do not do the Jennifer Hudson version next year.

I am already angry about tournament expansion ruining something that I look forward to every year, so I hope that CBS recognizes their mistake for future tournaments.

Go Hawks!

I was going to watch One Shining Moment, but I had a thing that prevented me from doing so.

That thing is a penis.

Latest posts