Worst experience at Jack Trice?

I can see where he is coming from simply because it's hard to hate on fans of a team that you don't take seriously.

...... and, usuallly, the BCS team is expected to beat the FCS team that is coming in for "better" competition & a hefty payday. Seriously Clone fans, Seriously!!?

Slick,

Quit trying to argue with these morons. They live in a fantasy world. They believe what they want to and are utterly blind to reality.

Thank god that real life Hawk fans aren't usually this bad.

Slick,

Quit trying to argue with these morons. They live in a fantasy world. They believe what they want to and are utterly blind to reality.

Thank god that real life Hawk fans aren't usually this bad.

Hey Al, why do you give a **** about what us "morons" have to say anyway? Seems to me if you didn't care you wouldn't venture away from the safe confines of CyFan.

As a point of note beside bringing up DSMClone's penchant for judging fans fashion I do believe that I actually put in a good word for visiting Ames back in 2009. So I'm not always a total hater.

And if you're going to an ISU game that isn't against Iowa, and you're wearing Iowa gear, you're a ****** bag.

You guys need to learn to take a page from Northwestern. You're both small programs that rely on the big boys to sell tickets. When I bought my Northwestern season tickets, the dude at the ticket office was BSing me about Northwestern and I cut him off and told him that neither I nor anyone in my group of 6 were NU fans, we are fans of various programs and we will wear our respective team's colors on gamedays. He basically said, "well, as long as we're selling tickets, we don't care who buys them." That's where Northwestern is and that's where Iowa State is.

Iowa State's only hope to become relevant even in the State of Iowa is to try to turn Jack Trice into Wrigley Field. Sell the stadium to the City, lease it back, start selling booze, grant liquor licenses for portable bars to be set up all around the arena and pray that the drunks in Central Iowa will pay to sit at a big outdoor bar for a few hours on fall Saturdays.

Hey Al, why do you give a **** about what us "morons" have to say anyway? Seems to me if you didn't care you wouldn't venture away from the safe confines of CyFan.

As a point of note beside bringing up DSMClone's penchant for judging fans fashion I do believe that I actually put in a good word for visiting Ames back in 2009. So I'm not always a total hater.

A) I never I said I don't care. I read HN from time to time (I know I used to say I would never post here, but as you can see I've had this account for awhile). Why did this thread provoke me? I don't know, I guess it's because I tend to pride ISU fans (or at least myself) on treating visiting fans pretty well. Not so much Iowa or Nebraska fans (I won't go out of my way to abuse them in Ames), but other Big 12 or non-con fans. When I see someone saying ISU fans are bad to everyone, I guess it irritates more than someone saying ISU sucks as a program (which is pretty much true).

Some of the stuff said about ISU fans in this thread is so ridiculous that it's a product of delusion.

B) I was painting with a broad brush when I said that everyone here was being a moron. I know you aren't a hater. You used to post on CF quite a bit, and were one of the better Iowa posters. How come you don't post there anymore? I don't mind guys like tm3308 or yourself that could talk ISU/Iowa without being a *****.

A) I never I said I don't care. I read HN from time to time (I know I used to say I would never post here, but as you can see I've had this account for awhile). Why did this thread provoke me? I don't know, I guess it's because I tend to pride ISU fans (or at least myself) on treating visiting fans pretty well. Not so much Iowa or Nebraska fans (I won't go out of my way to abuse them in Ames), but other Big 12 or non-con fans. When I see someone saying ISU fans are bad to everyone, I guess it irritates more than someone saying ISU sucks as a program (which is pretty much true).

Some of the stuff said about ISU fans in this thread is so ridiculous that it's a product of delusion.

B) I was painting with a broad brush when I said that everyone here was being a moron. I know you aren't a hater. You used to post on CF quite a bit, and were one of the better Iowa posters. How come you don't post there anymore? I don't mind guys like tm3308 or yourself that could talk ISU/Iowa without being a *****.

weR138 ****** me off to a point where if I could invent a way to reach through the monitor and strangle the ****** I would have. Maybe someday I'll go back but my place is over here. Civility doesn't have a place in rivalries and whatnot. :D

How seriously did you take your last outing with UNI? When you dont take teams seriously they can sneak up on you.

A wins a win. When is the last time an FCS team beat Iowa? And when is the last time an FCS team beat ISU? Get back to me with the answer when you can. Thanks.

Farley pretty much admitted that they spent their entire summer and fall camps preparing for Iowa in hopes of getting the monumental upset in 2009. He made the comment after the game that if it didnt happen this year for them that it may never. They absolutely snuck up on us, we took their absolute best shot and still got the W.

weR138 ****** me off to a point where if I could invent a way to reach through the monitor and strangle the ****** I would have. Maybe someday I'll go back but my place is over here. Civility doesn't have a place in rivalries and whatnot. :D

Fair enough. I have no problem with weR, but I'm sure he pisses off Hawk fans to no end.

A wins a win. When is the last time an FCS team beat Iowa? And when is the last time an FCS team beat ISU? Get back to me with the answer when you can. Thanks.

You are just looking for a fight. My point was that there is no sense in belittling your opponent no matter who they are.

You are just looking for a fight. My point was that there is no sense in belittling your opponent no matter who they are.

Not looking for a fight and I dont think Iowa fans belittle any opponent. All the posters in this thread were saying was that there isnt near as much intensity or hostility for a game against UNI like there is against BCS opponents.

You guys need to learn to take a page from Northwestern. You're both small programs that rely on the big boys to sell tickets. When I bought my Northwestern season tickets, the dude at the ticket office was BSing me about Northwestern and I cut him off and told him that neither I nor anyone in my group of 6 were NU fans, we are fans of various programs and we will wear our respective team's colors on gamedays. He basically said, "well, as long as we're selling tickets, we don't care who buys them." That's where Northwestern is and that's where Iowa State is.

Iowa State's only hope to become relevant even in the State of Iowa is to try to turn Jack Trice into Wrigley Field. Sell the stadium to the City, lease it back, start selling booze, grant liquor licenses for portable bars to be set up all around the arena and pray that the drunks in Central Iowa will pay to sit at a big outdoor bar for a few hours on fall Saturdays.

Let's have some fun with statistics, shall we?

2010 NU average attendance: 36,449
2010 ISU average attendance: 45,395

Iowa was not on ISU's schedule.

Let's look at some ISU attendance figures over the past few years for non-Iowa games.

2009 Army: 50,352
2009 NDSU: 48,831
2008 Kent State: 49,805
2008 KU: 47,847
2007 OU: 49,511
2007 Texas: 52,060

ISU doesn't need Iowa to sell tickets. ISU needs to be more competitive to sell tickets.

Let's look at some ISU attendance figures over the past few years for non-Iowa games.

ISU doesn't need Iowa to sell tickets. ISU needs to be more competitive to sell tickets.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're not familiar with OK4P's posting style are you?

Don't forget that JTS only has 42,000 actual seats (I don't know why the AD insists on saying capacity is 55,000 when that includes over 10,000 people in standing room only), so these figures are pretty damn respectable when you consider ISU's lack of success both historically, and in that period of time.

I think you forgot some highly attended UNI games in that period. I guess that's kind of the same thing as playing Iowa in terms of moving tickets, as I suspect most of the UNI fans who come to the game at Jack trice are Iowa fans looking to root against the Clones.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say all these games took place before November 1st.