Worst experience at Jack Trice?

And if you're going to an ISU game that isn't against Iowa, and you're wearing Iowa gear, you're a ****** bag.

I've been to non-ISU games at Kinnick, and I never wear ISU gear. What's the point? You're just saying "hey, I'm a confrontational ***** that's intentionally trying to disrespect the vast majority of people around me". I have Hawk fan buddies that come to JTS, and if Iowa isn't playing, they wouldn't dream of wearing Iowa gear.

You guys are the only fanbase I know that gets ****** off about the fashion choices of people who go to your stadium.

Last year was the 1st year I have ever missed an ISU vs Iowa game in 10 years. I've only ever had one issue with Iowa fans and that was the 2002 game when it was a 5:30 kickoff in IC and everyone was drunk. It wasn't a huge deal either, just a couple college tough guys started pushing and yelling at me as I was walking into the stadium.

It's not that hard to stay away from incidents at these games. I've had horrible stuff yelled at me but I just smile and say, "good luck today, hope it's a fun game to watch." You have to have thick skin when you go to a rivals stadium to watch your team play. It's part of college football.

You guys are the only fanbase I know that gets ****** off about the fashion choices of people who go to your stadium.

Well that's not true. I've been to games at Va Tech, Florida State, Texas A&M, etc. At a Florida State vs FIU game 8 years ago there were people there wearing Miami shirts and they were getting heckled like crazy. Happens everywhere. I think it's tacky and I think people just do it to be dooshes. Doesn't really bother me, but I see why it bothers others

I know that every fan base has individual idiots, including ours. But I thought I'd share this since this is a guy with no Hawkeye ties who couldn't believe how classless the Iowa State fans are.

You will find this exact quote on many boards of various teams. Focus on the individuals not the whole. I have been to Iowa City and have been surrounded by great Iowa fans and other times have been around the ones you are describing here. Im not going to group all of you with those morons.

I was cruising around Penn St scout.com site & ran across this thread. I was surprised to see IA St listed in one's response due to the fact that Penn St & IA St don't really have a relationship or rivalry. The game they played was a one-hit-wonder game. Way to leave an impression IA St fans. ;)

Posted: Today 9:33 AM
RE: Rank your top 5 hated teams...

1. Miami - lingering effects from the 80's/early 90's and awful sidewalk alums
2. Tennessee - most hated Alabama rival
3. Iowa State - worst fan base I've ever encountered (Independence Bowl)
4. Georgia - terrible fans / mediocre program that acts superior
5. Hawaii - thug fans and players. Never seen more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties when we played them

honorable mention: Auburn, all PAC 10 schools, Clemson

I was cruising around Penn St scout.com site & ran across this thread. I was surprised to see IA St listed in one's response due to the fact that Penn St & IA St don't really have a relationship or rivalry. The game they played was a one-hit-wonder game. Way to leave an impression IA St fans. ;)

5. Hawaii - thug fans and players. Never seen more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties when we played them

Wasnt there some bs thread not too long ago somewhere about USC fans ******** about Hawk fans? Like I said, this is everywhere.

I have been to 4 games in the Big House (Ann Arbor) and 4 or 5 games at Jack Trice. I have also attended two games in Lincoln. The only real way to describe Iowa State fans is to contrast the difference in the fan bases' behavior during and after the game.

First, Michigan: Their fans are total class. Win or lose, they congratulate you during and after the game, and make you feel welcome. They enjoy the day. They ask you where you are from. They share their love for college football. They party with you. They seem genuinely glad that you made the trip. If they lose, they laugh about it and look forward to the next game. In other words, they have some perspective in realizing that a silly football game should not ruin the day, win or lose. A truly great program with great fans and great tradition.

Nebraska: Basically the same thing, only better. They applaud the visiting team before and after the game. They treat the visiting team with respect. Even more class than Michigan. Is it a coincidence that their program has won so much over the years?

Now, Iowa State: No class. None. Verbal abuse. Stupidity and outrageous actions.. Throwing things at Iowa fans as they take their seats. Swear words, even if you are with children. Childish. If you challenge them about their behavior, they usually want to take a swing at you, since most of their fans are completely drunk by game time. The worst fans....ever. They abuse all visiting teams. Really one of the most vile places in college football to visit if you are rooting for the visiting team. If you don't believe me, ask Nebraska fans. They get the same marvelous treatment from these fools.

After my last visit there, I vowed never to return and I will keep my word. Really, I dread that game. If we win, everyone says no big deal. If we lose, we listen to their idiot clown fans for one full year, since all they really care about is defeating Iowa. Beating Iowa State means nothing to Iowa. It means everything to Iowa State. That is why it is not a true rivalry. The Iowa Nebraska game will eclipse the Iowa State series forever...Nebraska joining the Big Ten means that Iowa State has no meaning anymore for Iowa fans. This is really a series that has run its course.

This post is hilarious, and completely off base. Keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, I'll choose to believe that all Hawk fans are child raping cannibals.

We abuse all visiting teams? Really? Ask someone not a Hawk or Husker. All my UNI friends for example have said they were treated far better in Ames than Iowa City.

If you're this ******* arrogant and full of yourself in real life, it's no wonder that people have a negative reaction to you.

Iowa State and Penn State never played in an Independence Bowl.

From an Oklahoma State fan on their board.

CowboyCookie said:
Been to Ames several times and it is always a good trip. Great people and great atmosphere. They are always really hospitable. It is easily my favorite road destination in the Big 12. Ames is awesome and if you are thinking about going to a road game, I highly recommend going to Ames.

Around the Big 12, you'll find more stories like this than you will that suggest the opposite.

But then again, most of you could be sat down in a room with 100 Big 12 fans who had been to Ames, had a great time, were treated well, etc, and you wouldn't believe it because YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT.

Iowa fans WANT to believe that ISU fans are terrible awful people, even though it isn't true. Just like a lot of ISU fans want to believe the same about Iowa.

This post is hilarious, and completely off base. Keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, I'll choose to believe that all Hawk fans are child raping cannibals.

We abuse all visiting teams? Really? Ask someone not a Hawk or Husker. All my UNI friends for example have said they were treated far better in Ames than Iowa City.

If you're this ******* arrogant and full of yourself in real life, it's no wonder that people have a negative reaction to you.

Seriously, you're comparing hosting a 1-AA team to BCS conference teams. Fanbases don't usually go rabid on 1-AA teams in the 2nd "preseason" game of the year. Bringing this into the debate really solidifies my thought of IA States expectations or their place in college football. Raise the bar a bit, raise the bar! :D

Seriously, you're comparing hosting a 1-AA team to BCS conference teams. Fanbases don't usually go rabid on 1-AA teams in the 2nd "preseason" game of the year. Bringing this into the debate really solidifies my thought of IA States expectations or their place in college football. Raise the bar a bit, raise the bar! :D

Yes, because fans of 1-AA teams arent people like the rest of us. Why the **** does that matter at all?