Woods, B. Ferentz vs Isu

Maybe because he didn't start last year? I don't get what you are trying to prove with the link.

I'm trying to say that he's mostly all hype to this point. He has many of the measurables that make up a good TE. But to anoint him the next Tony Gonzalez is a little premature don't you think?

I don't think CJ will be the difference maker in whether Iowa wins or loses vs. ISU this year.

it'll be another close game. I just think ISU will come out on top

Nobody said he was going to be tony gonzalez, They said he would play in the nfl.

everyone in this thread is saying there is no matching up with CJ and that he's a lock for the draft. BUT, that's almost all based on potential and very little actual on field results.

everyone in this thread is saying there is no matching up with CJ and that he's a lock for the draft. BUT, that's almost all based on potential and very little actual on field results.

Do you really need someone to explain to you why C.J. is going to play on Sundays? I sure hope not.

I'm done trying to explain Fedorowicz to Iowa State fans. From now on, instead of arguing with them, I'm just going to tell them to check back in December. You're going to feel like an idiot.

CJF IS TEH BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVARRR!!!
LE TROPHY NAME WILL BE CHANGED FROM HEISMAN TO CJF AFTER DIS SEASON!!!
CJF FOR PRES'DENT TOO!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!

I am now the equal to an elementary student :eek:

Do you really need someone to explain to you why C.J. is going to play on Sundays? I sure hope not.

did i not say like two posts ago that he has many of the measurables that make up a very good TE? pretty sure I did.

but POTENTIAL doesn't mean you can start etching his name into the John Mackey Award 3 weeks before the season.

did i not say like two posts ago that he has many of the measurables that make up a very good TE? pretty sure I did.

but POTENTIAL doesn't mean you can start etching his name into the John Mackey Award 3 weeks before the season.

You questioned whether or not C.J. is a lock to play in the nfl in your last post, big guy.

Brad Herman had 95 yards last year and is on the Pats roster... NFL teams would draft shawn johnson if she played TE at Iowa.

You questioned whether or not C.J. is a lock to play in the nfl in your last post, big guy.

Brad Herman had 95 yards last year and is on the Pats roster... NFL teams would draft shawn johnson if she played TE at Iowa.

so since Iowa is a pipeline to the NFL they should contend for the big ten this year right?

On paper Iowa has the worst team it has had in quite a while. On paper ISU has the best team it has had probably since '05. I was saying this long before yesterdays practice.

Iowa will not score a ton of points this year. doesn't mean they won't win games, but they aren't going to be running up the score on anyone. I mean even very good Iowa teams in recent years haven't scored a ton due to KF's conservative style of play. they will have a hard time considering the inexperience at some of the skill positions on offense.

I think ISU will win at kinnick this year. both teams will score <24 points.

So, by your logic: ISU is going to be nearly as good (but not quite) as the 2005 team, which went 7-5. AKA ISU could be 6-6 this year, but I bet you think they'll actually win more games than that. Now I think a team can be better or worse than their record, see Iowa 2009 and then 2010. But lets say record=quality of team.

That means ISU six wins by your logic (you said ISU nearly as good as '05): show me ISUs 6 wins please.

And my real point is your biased inconsistency. You think ISU is going to have a good 2012, after averaging 6 wins per year for the past three seasons. You think they are going to take a step forward and win 7-8-9? What is your prediction for the clones?

Yet, you fail to recognize that the 'next guy in' for the hawks at the TE position will become a great player. Lets look at that backstory: every TE starter we've had has gone to the NFL, he is the former #1 ranked TE in the nation, he is the most physically talented of all the TEs we've ever had. But he's not going to be successful right? I'll say something about CJF that you can understand: physically, he's Royce White at TE... he really creates a lot of offense, eh?

so since Iowa is a pipeline to the NFL they should contend for the big ten this year right?

The hawks are going to get beat up pretty good this year. when you combine youth, that was not good enough to supplant underperforming veterans from the year before, with staff turnover at both coordinating positions, you get a recipe for a tough year. The extremely weak schedule will help, but it could still be bad. I find it amusing that many of the hawk fans here don't believe the normal struggles that come with these challenges do not apply to them. Maybe they shouldn't when you coach gets paid $4m/yr, but don't hold your breath.

So, by your logic: ISU is going to be nearly as good (but not quite) as the 2005 team, which went 7-5. AKA ISU could be 6-6 this year, but I bet you think they'll actually win more games than that. Now I think a team can be better or worse than their record, see Iowa 2009 and then 2010. But lets say record=quality of team.

That means ISU six wins by your logic (you said ISU nearly as good as '05): show me ISUs 6 wins please.

And my real point is your biased inconsistency. You think ISU is going to have a good 2012, after averaging 6 wins per year for the past three seasons. You think they are going to take a step forward and win 7-8-9? What is your prediction for the clones?

Yet, you fail to recognize that the 'next guy in' for the hawks at the TE position will become a great player. Lets look at that backstory: every TE starter we've had has gone to the NFL, he is the former #1 ranked TE in the nation, he is the most physically talented of all the TEs we've ever had. But he's not going to be successful right? I'll say something about CJF that you can understand: physically, he's Royce White at TE... he really creates a lot of offense, eh?

wasn't Blake Larson the top ranked recruit at his position coming in? what NFL roster is he on?

wasn't Blake Larson the top ranked recruit at his position coming in? what NFL roster is he on?

Good one bro. That stings a little less knowing that the best player in the history of ISU football enjoyed an awesome career with the Barnstormers. Todd Blythe, #1 on his back, #1 in your hearts

I didn't say CJ won't be successful or won't make the league. I just sad that to this point it's all based on potential. Not much of a body of work to base it on thus far, haven't really seen him play much other than the end of last year.

I think ISU will win 6 games this year. possibly 7 if they pull an upset

wins: Tulsa, @Iowa, WIU, Ttech, Baylor, @KU and could pull an upset (one of OU, OSU, TCU, UT, WVU)

Last edited:
Good one bro. That stings a little less knowing that the best player in the history of ISU football enjoyed an awesome career with the Barnstormers. Todd Blythe, #1 on his back, #1 in your hearts

Nice deflection youngster, but not good enough. You can go ahead and admit that you do no research and basically don't know squat. You would get more respect for being honest.

How many times did ISU win more than 6 games in the last 20 years? I talk a ton of crap about KF, his pay and the under performance the last 5 years. I just find it hilarious that any ISU fan really thinks that their program is even in the same zip code.

Please don't say the Big 12 is so tough either. iSU played in the weakest division in BCS football for almost 5 straight years.

What makes you think I do no research? The fact that Tawdy was a member of the saints for bits of one season? is that it? That means I "do no research and basically don't know squat"?

Tell a clone something he doesn't like and you will be told you don't know squat.

Latest posts