Woods, B. Ferentz vs Isu

Sure theres kids on isu roster that are not from iowa, but they are taught by coaches and instate guys to hate iowa and to boycott anything black and gold. and yes the coaches do get there players up to play the hawks more than anyother team they play, and they tell them to play dirty.

And yes I do think BF will get our team psyched for this game.

It's gonna be a blood bath..... *evil laugh*

Sure theres kids on isu roster that are not from iowa, but they are taught by coaches and instate guys to hate iowa and to boycott anything black and gold. and yes the coaches do get there players up to play the hawks more than anyother team they play, and they tell them to play dirty.

And yes I do think BF will get our team psyched for this game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0qsi1z4Fi8]You're fucking high!!! - YouTube[/ame]

For me it's not the players or the coaching staffs that make this game ISU's super bowl it's their fan base that makes it that way. When all they can hang their hats on the whole year is beating Iowa then you have an ISU fan. They could go 1-11 or whatever they go and I would bet that any Clown fan will know the score of the Iowa game no matter what.

Thanks for the laugh this morning who ever postd that Oklahoma State post, I was damn near rolling on the floor.............damn funny.

Its been brought up alot that during the Ferentz era the Hawks haven't really matched the intensity level of the Clowns. Got me thinking that with Woods and Brian Ferentz on staff (both knowing what its like to lose to the Clowns) does anyone feel we might see a little more fire from our guys in the Isu game ?
It will be our Super Bowl
. It's already our super bowl. How dare you try to take this from us.

It's funny because it's true. ISU only cares about the Iowa game.
Agreed,Signed Oklahoma State

That is BS, I remember that week of the game. On radio shows they were talking about how much OK St. Would win by and isu fans would call in and say "id like to win, but if we keep it close at,the end id be happy." the only reason there was any excitment was because it was a #2 ranked team coming in. no one expected to win, and to say you did would be a lie.

There was way more exciment for the you guys to play iowa last year than ok st. You treated it as your super bowl before and after whereas ok st was only after.

That is BS, I remember that week of the game. On radio shows they were talking about how much OK St. Would win by and isu fans would call in and say "id like to win, but if we keep it close at,the end id be happy." the only reason there was any excitment was because it was a #2 ranked team coming in. no one expected to win, and to say you did would be a lie.

There was way more exciment for the you guys to play iowa last year than ok st. You treated it as your super bowl before and after whereas ok st was only after.

You're talking about the fans, not the team. No TEAM could have beaten Oklahoma State last year with that attitude coming in. Fans can think whatever they want, but don't make the mistake of attributing the FANS' attitude to that of the TEAM.

Hawk fans getting a little chubby again thinking the Iowa game is ISU's super bowl. Any team plays Iowa views that as their super bowl, right? I mean with as many super bowls as Iowa plays a year shouldnt they have patented the phrase super bowl?

Hawk fans getting a little chubby again thinking the Iowa game is ISU's super bowl. Any team plays Iowa views that as their super bowl, right? I mean with as many super bowls as Iowa plays a year shouldnt they have patented the phrase super bowl?

You are blind if you dont see that the players and fans circle this game every year. fans putting the score of a game on their lisence plate? Ok its not their super bowl.

You are blind if you dont see that the players and fans circle this game every year. fans putting the score of a game on their lisence plate? Ok its not their super bowl.

It's totally crazy at the DOT after we win that game. Thousands of people running in with their vanity plates in hand just begging for them to be changed to the final score of that game!!!! DERP DERP DERP....

The Super Bowl argument is the lamest, most played out go to move in the heavy breather hawk fan handbook. it's just an excuse to make you feel not so butthurt over losing to a team you feel is "beneath" you.

last year, Iowa was outplayed by ISU. nothing more, nothing less. not because ISU players cared more or because Iowa players cared less. On that day, ISU was the better team. own it and move on.

is there a small % of ISU fans that have an Iowa obsession and probably do get a bit more excited about that game, sure there is. but there are planty of hawk fans that do the same. It's called a rivalry for a reason.

Again, you describe the reaction of a single FAN. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

This topic is always fun here. Most posters are too dense to understand that ISU doesn't put that emphasis on this game like it did with DMac. But, please do keep saying it's ISU's Superbowl and that ISU players get up for this game more than any other during the season when that's been especially disproved since Rhoads has been in charge. I'm sure all of those kids from California, Texas and Florida (52 kids on the roster from just those 3 states) dream of beating THE Iowa Hawkeyes. Seriously, give it a rest because each year, it sounds just that much more pathetic.

PR stated in the NW fundraiser in Okoboji that they should have a decent year and it will be a great year if they can beat the Hawks. Funny statement was that he stated Iowa should have a down year so they have a good chance to win.

Does that mean you can only beat Iowa when they suck? Besides 2002, has ISU beaten a Iowa team that had more than 7 wins?

PR stated in the NW fundraiser in Okoboji that they should have a decent year and it will be a great year if they can beat the Hawks. Funny statement was that he stated Iowa should have a down year so they have a good chance to win.

Does that mean you can only beat Iowa when they suck? Besides 2002, has ISU beaten a Iowa team that had more than 7 wins?
Not sure but I do know we have won 8 of the last 15.

Obviously, it's a rivalry game, and fans care about those (regardless of how much some of you want to delude yourselves into thinking otherwise). Rhoads is well aware of that fact, and is good at playing to an audience. That doesn't mean he makes it much more important than all the other games with his team.

Congratulations. I'm happy for you, I really am. It's always a rare and joyous occasion when little brother finally beats his older brother at something. Don't worry, it won't be in your possession for long.
Over the last 15 years, little brother, we win.

Latest posts