Woodbury is regressing

We're giving a junior 7 footer credit for a double double? He should be averaging 20 and 12 at this point. I'll never understand why so many excuse him.

So you're saying a guy who went for 17 and 8 in HS against much weaker competition should now be going 20 and 12 in the B1G? I want some of what you're smoking.

I just don't get it. lol. IS he just valued on the point stat line or what? The guy plays a solid game all over the court that isn't noticed in the stat line. Watch this guys feet for a 7 footer, impressive. I'm not saying he is a GOD like big man. But dang, this guy is solid in areas we need him to be. Glad he was rebounding today.

Woody looked great today. Finally finished at the hoop and in my eyes he is one of the best off ball defender in the post in the entire nation

He's kind of a phenomenon in a way. Would I like to see more O out of him? Yes. Would I like to see him jump and dunk more when 5 ft from the rim? Yes. Would I like to not see his shot blocked blocked by 6 ft 4 inch guards? Sure. But, I also realize that Iowa would not be where they are without him. I have come to understand his game and to appreciate what he brings.

The last few games he's really seemed to put an emphasis on defensive position and denying easy entry passes to post. I didn't get to see all of today's games but recently he needs to losing his hands up rebounding, swats away a lot of easy boards.

Thought Woody has played a phenomenal last 2 games. What I really liked seeing out of him, was how good he played after getting swatted by Tate (6'4 guy). He has had a tendency to go into a shell when that happens, but not yesterday. He scored around the rim several times after that. He has just got to understand that with his game he is gonna get blocked at time. He has to be like a DB in football, you gotta flush that play, and keep playing strong and aggressive after that.

I've been very critical of Woodbury this year, but even I thought he had a pretty good game yesterday. I hope it continues b/c the backcourt play is going to be shaky at best all year.

The last few games he's really seemed to put an emphasis on defensive position and denying easy entry passes to post. I didn't get to see all of today's games but recently he needs to losing his hands up rebounding, swats away a lot of easy boards.

Defensive positioning is really his strong point. When a team has a 7 ft 1 guy in the lane that positions well and denies well, that's so valuable and can really muck up what the opposing team wants to do. I'll take his 6-8 pts a game if he is keeping teams 15-20 pts less in a game. All this while he grabs boards and doesn't get in foul trouble. Look people, Woodbury may not consistently score a lot, but he in the end has an effect on the score of a game.

Defensive positioning is really his strong point. When a team has a 7 ft 1 guy in the lane that positions well and denies well, that's so valuable and can really muck up what the opposing team wants to do. I'll take his 6-8 pts a game if he is keeping teams 15-20 pts less in a game. All this while he grabs boards and doesn't get in foul trouble. Look people, Woodbury may not consistently score a lot, but he in the end has an effect on the score of a game.

This in itself is an improvement. Last year the poor kid couldn't play more than a six minute stretch without picking up 3 or 4 fouls.

He makes freshman mistakes out there and has no aggression, routinely fails to help on D and has no rim protection. No point just frustrating he is at this point his junior year.

First, we had a thread saying that Aaron White was lazy and ineffective... now this. Where does all this dumbassedness come from? Adam Woodbury played a STELLAR game yesterday.

We're giving a junior 7 footer credit for a double double? He should be averaging 20 and 12 at this point. I'll never understand why so many excuse him.

20 and 12??? LOL! Okafor doesn't even average 20 and 12. Put down the crack pipe!

First of all , that's not what I see . He plays hard nosed basketball. He dives, he runs, he bangs, he just doesn't back down. He 's just not lazy. He does everything he could and he does it well.
Op's eyes is the one making freshman mistakes . Right?

Latest posts