Woodbury has regressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

glidinghawk

Woody hasn't shown me much. He still looks weak around the basket. Foul prone. Dumb mistakes. I think Gabe should be starting at post. IMHO.

no

gabe still finds himself out of position and picks up fouls as frequently as woody

woodbury is the better player right now, and he hasn't regressed from his freshman year

his junior year.

Gabe is only looking to dunk and block shots. He lets players get in behind him and score. He fumbles the ball a lot because he is already thinking about dunking it.

Woody is so far ahead of Gabe. Gabe doesnt understand what is going on around him for the most part.

Gabe in no way would be next in line to start. Id start Uthoff if I wasnt going to go with woody.

By no means should woody lose his starting spot.

With that said, I do like the lineup with uthoff in with the starters and basabe playing the 5.

Ive kinda thought that you have to start woody to show recruits to stay home. With that said I dont think there is anything wrong with starting him I just think you could go a couple different ways if you wanted to. I would start him because I think he is good enough and to reward him for staying in state.

I agree with fran not playing at the end of games. Hes not quite there yet.

Woodbury hasn't regressed. He hasn't even arrived yet. Gotta be a lot more patient with the big cats.

Ive thought Woody looks more smooth this year. Last year all moves were more violent and jerky. It just take some game time to get things worked out.

The big thing is Woody feeds off Basabe. All of Woodys good games that year Basabe had a good game also.

Ive kinda thought that you have to start woody to show recruits to stay home. With that said I dont think there is anything wrong with starting him I just think you could go a couple different ways if you wanted to. I would start him because I think he is good enough and to reward him for staying in state.

I agree with fran not playing at the end of games. Hes not quite there yet.

I like how we get the ball first every game because he starts. But it's so frustrating to watch him and pull for him to do well. A lot of the time he looks like he has stone hands, with no touch or accuracy on his shots and some of his passes. Defensively I do like him better than Gabe; it seems that Wood is able to get some blocked shots that just come with the territory of being big and playing defense, not because he is focusing only on blocking the shot, whereas Zombie just lives for blocking shots.

I love the over analysis after 2 non conference games.

Ok so at what point is it ok to analyze anything. Sorry, but "limiting analysis" because of the "2 game" thing makes no sense. From what I can tell no one is saying he will be like this the rest of the season. This is about what we are noticing now. Right?

Ok so at what point is it ok to analyze anything. Sorry, but "limiting analysis" because of the "2 game" thing makes no sense. From what I can tell no one is saying he will be like this the rest of the season. This is about what we are noticing now. Right?

Still a little extreme to say Woodbury had regressed after 2 non conference games.

Gabe is out there to work on things. His playing time will most likely go down unless things start to slow down in his head. I dont think we will see Gabe or Woody in at the end of games and we will see woody mostly until he gets into foul trouble. I think with Uthoff being a good defender and very good inside that will take time away from the big men against some teams.

Then maybe we should wait until after the last game of this year to say weather Woodbury regressed this year compared to last? I am guessing we may see marked improvement compared to where he is in game two of his second year.

people don't understand Woodbury's purpose.... He role isn't to shoot a lot or score a lot of points.

The point is to have bid defenders that make it hard to finish around the paint and make shots uncomfortable.

He is never going to avg a lot of points a game.

people don't understand Woodbury's purpose.... He role isn't to shoot a lot or score a lot of points.

The point is to have bid defenders that make it hard to finish around the paint and make shots uncomfortable.

He is never going to avg a lot of points a game.

Ahhh...with my old age comes historical knowledge.

Pundits said the same thing about Kevin Kunnert, yet, from 70-73, he averaged 15.9 points/game. (He also averaged 12.7 rebounds a game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts