Woah... Weiskamp

Joe looks like the Goods.....

Even though it is his senior season, we could use him right now.....

I do believe that Joe and Partick McCaffrey are responsible for those who still have faith and hope for the future of Hawkeye basketball to be able to survive this season.....

:cool:

Never seen him play in person. Superficial observations remind me of Uthoff - long, athletic with the ball, mad instincts and skills. Lotta good to start and to develop. Is he able to play through being bodied-up without getting rattled? That was Uthoff's achilles.

Never seen him play in person. Superficial observations remind me of Uthoff - long, athletic with the ball, mad instincts and skills. Lotta good to start and to develop. Is he able to play through being bodied-up without getting rattled? That was Uthoff's achilles.

Weiscamp is WAYYYYY bouncier than Uthoff. Jarod was a longer, slower athlete. Joe is much quicker and bouncier getting to the rim.

Keep in mind that everyone thought Garza was the second coming of Christ also.

Temper your expectations.

Garza & Nunge are both still very young. This season started getting competitive only 3 weeks ago. They need time to adapt.

Garza & Nunge are both still very young. This season started getting competitive only 3 weeks ago. They need time to adapt.
My point was that very rarely do seriously hyped up high school players pan out the way everyone thought.

My point was that very rarely do seriously hyped up high school players pan out the way everyone thought.

What? This is BB, highly ranked Fr. contribute ALL THE TIME at major programs. We aren't talking about a #100 or above ranked player, we are talking about a top 50 kid. If he can't contribute (not saying he is gonna be the star of the team), I would be SHOCKED.

Fran hasn't had many highly rated recruits. Problem is that everyone expects these guys to be 1st team all big10 right away as true freshman. If Weiskamp doesn't make an immediate impact next year (in November), everyone will be saying the same as you are right now.

What? This is BB, highly ranked Fr. contribute ALL THE TIME at major programs. We aren't talking about a #100 or above ranked player, we are talking about a top 50 kid. If he can't contribute (not saying he is gonna be the star of the team), I would be SHOCKED.
I didn't mean Freshman contributing right away, I meant that for every 10 kids that are hyped up by fanbases coming in, maybe 2 or 3 end up being significant to the program. I'm not taking shots at Garza, I'm sure he'll improve, but when you listened to HN a few months ago all you heard was about how the kid was going to come into the program and be the next big thing right away.

This is especially true at schools like Iowa who don't get the best recruits to start with.

Fran hasn't had many highly rated recruits. Problem is that everyone expects these guys to be 1st team all big10 right away as true freshman. If Weiskamp doesn't make an immediate impact next year (in November), everyone will be saying the same as you are right now.
To be clear I never once said that Garza was supposed to be leading the team in anything.

What I did say was that HN posters (and those from a lot of other sites) had him walking right in and carrying the program.

I didn't mean Freshman contributing right away, I meant that for every 10 kids that are hyped up by fanbases coming in, maybe 2 or 3 end up being significant to the program. I'm not taking shots at Garza, I'm sure he'll improve, but when you listened to HN a few months ago all you heard was about how the kid was going to come into the program and be the next big thing right away.

This is especially true at schools like Iowa who don't get the best recruits to start with.

Gotcha. I do think a top 50 kid needs to be looked at in a different light. For example Cook was a top 80 kid or so, and he made an impact right away. I think Joe will as well. I'm not saying he is gonna be the difference maker to make us great, because I don't think that. I just don't think you should compare him to someone like Garza, he is just way more highly ranked than him.

Latest posts