With Tarp most likely Starting at LB and Cato out who makes IMPACT on 2010 Spc Teams

clim33

Need some guys to step up big. Here are a few to get you thinkin

1. Morris
2. Johnson
3. Castillo
4. Swanson
5. Griggs

Re: With Tarp most likely Starting at LB and Cato out who makes IMPACT on 2010 Spc Te

Tarpinian isn't most likely starting at LB.

Re: With Tarp most likely Starting at LB and Cato out who makes IMPACT on 2010 Spc Te

LOL, Norm Parker disagrees...he has gone out of his way to praise Jeff numerous times...he will be starting unless an injury occurs.

At the end of last year I would have said the same thing. Troy definetely outplayed Jeff when they both had their opportunity. However, that was at Will and we now find out Jeff was hurt. On top of that Norm has been pretty vocal about Jeff being able to fill in for Pat at Mike, and also talking up Bruce. Troy just seems out of the conversation at Mike now. Might behoove him to get "injured" so he can get another year and step in when Hunter moves on.

Jason White is gonna find a way to impact special teams.

The only way Tarp isnt starting at LB is injury or one of the FR LBs come into camp and blow up. If a FR comes in and is too good to keep off of the field, I'm OK with that.

When I watched my 2009 highlight DVD, I saw Nordmann make some solid plays on ST. At WR I can see him getting some red zone snaps due to his height. (Imagine putting him next to DJK with Marvin on the other side ... that's a legit fade threat into both corners with our best route runner looking for soft spots in between.) But I think a lot of Nordman's work will still come on ST. And I agree that Tarp is very likely to start at MLB right now.

Phil Steele has Tarpinian as a pre-season all Big-10 choice, at linebacker.

I would not be surprised to see Nordmann getting some serious playing time on offense

Morris, Hitchens, Swanson, Shumpert,Poggi and Miller should be fast enough see the field on special teams.

Nick Nielsen will likely be stepping things up on special teams. Also, I anticipate that Morris, Hitchens/Shumpert, and Lowery could position themselves to make a big an early impact on special teams too.

Jason White is gonna find a way to impact special teams.

Winner! Very impressed with his hustle on sp tms last yr...and speedier than most on this board realize.

I could be wrong on this, but it seems like 4 guys(Johnson, Davis, Tarp, Nielsen) are fighting for 2 spots. Without having access to practice, and not having any sources within the program I wouldn't have a clue about how that is going to shake out.

I realize Hyde has a "it" quality about him.....I think Berstine would be a guy to look out for. He is built exactly like Cromartie of the Jets, but willing to tackle people.

Ok, I give. What does "Cato is out" mean?

I could be wrong on this, but it seems like 4 guys(Johnson, Davis, Tarp, Nielsen) are fighting for 2 spots. Without having access to practice, and not having any sources within the program I wouldn't have a clue about how that is going to shake out.

I realize Hyde has a "it" quality about him.....I think Berstine would be a guy to look out for. He is built exactly like Cromartie of the Jets, but willing to tackle people.

Have you ever seen Cromartie or Bernstine? Cromartie is 6'2" 211, and Bernstine is 5'11" 205. Cromartie is a lanky, superb athlete. Bernstine is very athletic, but he is built like a brick sh**house.

Need some guys to step up big. Here are a few to get you thinkin

1. Morris
2. Johnson
3. Castillo
4. Swanson
5. Griggs

I doubt that either will play this year but two names you should keep your eye on for the 2011 season will be James Morris and Tanner Miller. Both big kids, great football players, and freaking fast as the wind. Miller was a track star with a legit 4.5 40 - and at 6-2 and 200 pounds that is saying something.

Yeah i have to ask too! what the heck--- what does cat "out" mean? as in he's injured????!! wasn't he projected to be starter at LB this year?

Cato transferred. He was an excellent contributor on special teams, provided depth at SS behind Sash, and also had some pretty key plays in goal line situations. He was never projected to be a starter at LB though.

Ah yes that's right i remember now! ok, well, not ok, all making sense though now.

thanks for the info---- for some reason i thought he was the RB that transferred to South Florida--- was that Jeff Rodgers that transferred at RB position? sorry, not trying to take this off topic

Latest posts