With Davis Staying - Who Leaves?

Madman

Now that the decision appears set that the most inept head coach in college football will retain the most inept OC in college football, what kids will leave the program for greener pastures?

Offensively; I would think that both quarterbacks Rudock and Beathard would seriously have to reconsider any commitment to this program. Rudock, since he has been passed over entirely on a terrible team and seen zero playing time, and Beathard, because of the chance to transfer out and play at a decent program elsewhere for 3-4 years. Perhaps some wide outs or RB's (though they are pretty much all terrible)?

Defensively; I have to believe that a few players would also bolt, realizing their coach has no intention of making changes to allow them to play to win. Who might they be? Faith, Jaleel?

Any thoughts?

Not sure who is going to leave, but I bet the attrition rate will be at a normal level for this program, which is not a good thing.

Now that the decision appears set that the most inept head coach in college football will retain the most inept OC in college football, what kids will leave the program for greener pastures?

Offensively; I would think that both quarterbacks Rudock and Beathard would seriously have to reconsider any commitment to this program. Rudock, since he has been passed over entirely on a terrible team and seen zero playing time, and Beathard, because of the chance to transfer out and play at a decent program elsewhere for 3-4 years. Perhaps some wide outs or RB's (though they are pretty much all terrible)?

Defensively; I have to believe that a few players would also bolt, realizing their coach has no intention of making changes to allow them to play to win. Who might they be? Faith, Jaleel?

Any thoughts?

Maybe you should leave this board

Entire offense and defensive units are ashamed of their performance and leave. We are left with walkons and special team players, and with the B1G rule on oversigning we have 25 (or 28) freshman next year playing. A total of about 32 scholarship players.

From the sound of it on this board, a lot of season ticket holders will be leaving their renewal forms in the recycling bin.

Entire offense and defensive units are ashamed of their performance and leave. We are left with walkons and special team players, and with the B1G rule on oversigning we have 25 (or 28) freshman next year playing. A total of about 32 scholarship players.

Penn State will probably have less attrition...WE ARE: IOWA

I predict that the entire team commits seppuku to atone for the shame this season has brought upon their mighty and fearless leader coach Kurt Ferrets.

Dafuq? Faith and/or Jaleel leave when they're virtually guaranteed as much PT as they want or can handle from now until they leave?

go-home-you-are-drunk-6.jpg

Thankfully college football players aren't as overreactionary as some posters on this board :p

Last edited:
JR is gone

Ferentz screwed him

I don't think JR leaves, he choose Iowa because of two reasons: 1.) Pro style offense, which this year clearly didn't look pro anything. Unless there is some kind of professional bad. 2.) Medical school, he wants to be a Doctor. I loves Iowa's Med School program he and his father talked about it alot during his recruitment. They almost talked more about school than football.

The only ones leaving will be the senior's who leave for greener pastures... NO coaches will be leaving, none fired that is. There might be one or two who just jump ship... The Hawkeye system will NOT change until there is a top down shift, and THAT is not going to happen for a LONG LONG time... Welcome to the Iowa version of Ground Hog Day...

GroundhogDay.jpg

I am still intrigued with how things are working out and how much information we don't know. How much of the lack of success was attributed to JVB, GD, KF? We know Ferentz will not trash a player openly so in my mind I have no idea how well he really thought Vandy did this year. It is possible with the way he was playing there were some decisions to just ride it out and see what happens. Did he not play the other guys to have that red shirt card active and not hurt their confidence with our lack of production? How much of the poor offense was attributed to Davis? At some point I think he had to have second thoughts about Vandy's decision making and our receivers ability to catch the ball and get open. I mean how some of the games were going he had to throw his hands up and say **** why not throw it 3 yards and see if the guys can actually throw and catch. How much does Ferentz micro manage the offense? I have never really heard that answered on the forum. Does he regularly check the OC out of plays or direct them what to do or does he give all the calls to the OC? This will be one of the most ineteresting off-seasons in the recent future of Hawk Football. I still have confidence in Kirk. I think he is a man of great pride and while he doesn't choose to show his emotions on his sleeve I am sure he is very hurt and embarrassed right now.

Serious answer to the tread question is season ticket purchasers... I'd say about 1100 and about 20 rows of the student section!

Latest posts