Wisky BB is everything Iowa isn't

He was at UW Milwaukee and the only reason Bo got the job was because Rick Majeraus and Ben Braun turned the job down. Hiring Bo wasnt some master plan, he was the next one left standing.

Often times that's how these things work out. Administrators have no real idea if a coach will be successful or not. Had anyone thought that Bo Ryan would be a great coach, Wisconsin wouldn't have passed him over the previous times they had an opening. Ferentz didn't seem to be anyone's first choice and he worked out well.

Like it or not, Badgers have built a winning culture with the hoops program. Next year appears to set up very well for them again, as I don't believe they lose anyone of consequence.

Lol. God no

Why not? UW recruits the same type of players. He's coached for a hall of fame coach and part of one of the best bkb programs over the last 15 years. Not to mention he has to know a ton of hs coaches in the midwest. And he is a first class guy. Just my opinion of course.

If Kaminsky would have bloomed a couple years earlier and was a 5 star coming out of high school, he would have ended up at Kentucky or Duke. Instead he stayed under the radar, went to Wisconsin, and became a stud just in time to prevent them from having a down year.

On the other hand, Fran got in early on a decent recruit and built a good relationship. Then the kid blew up his senior year, became a 5 star, and went to Kentucky. Imagine if Ulis blossomed a couple years later, stayed a 3 star, came to iowa, then blew up after being here a couple years. Iowa may have had their championship run this year.

Iowa=bad luck
Wisconsin =luckiest program ever

It happens. Sort of like how Kirk got Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders and others.

It happens. Sort of like how Kirk got Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders and others.

I know it happens. It's just whatever Wisconsin needs to happen always seems to happen. If Kaminsky didn't turn out to be a stud out of nowhere his junior year, they might have been in trouble. If they need a big dhot, they hit it. If they need their opponent to miss a big shot, they miss it (when does iowa ever get lucky like that.) If they need the conference to be down so they can squeeze into the top 4 with an average team, it is. The conference was horrible when Lick was coach and gets good again as soon as Fran gets us back. Go figure.

I'll say again tho. Wisconsin takes advantage of every break they get. It's not all luck or even mostly luck. But they do get a lot of it.

Why not? UW recruits the same type of players. He's coached for a hall of fame coach and part of one of the best bkb programs over the last 15 years. Not to mention he has to know a ton of hs coaches in the midwest. And he is a first class guy. Just my opinion of course.

First class guy, no doubt, and a great assistant.

If you're inferring he comes back as HC... He's nearly 60 and has never been a HC in college.

Uh, no.

Yep. They did all of that because they struck gold with the right hire. They didn't bring in some stud big name coach like people think Iowa should magically do. They once again got lucky.

And last year's run wasn't luck. They were a legit great team. Where they were lucky was a decent recruit turned into the best center in the nation.

That luck was a 6'3 shooting guard hitting a 7'' growth spurt late in high school.

He was at UW Milwaukee and the only reason Bo got the job was because Rick Majeraus and Ben Braun turned the job down. Hiring Bo wasnt some master plan, he was the next one left standing.

Yep. And it wasn't like Dick Bennent left the program in bad shape.

Lol! Absolutely not. Just a solid assistant.

Usually if a program is doing pretty good, it takes a year or two and then you will really see how good a coach is. He lost an assistant coach. I have my doubts on the state of Wisconsin basketball. This years team was still flowing on a lot of what the last coach did.

Usually if a program is doing pretty good, it takes a year or two and then you will really see how good a coach is. He lost an assistant coach. I have my doubts on the state of Wisconsin basketball. This years team was still flowing on a lot of what the last coach did.

Normally you'd have a valid point, however in this case Gard took over a team that was in shambles and turned it around, not a team that was humming. He had to completely change some things on the fly.

Also 15 years isn't luck. Luck is what happens when hard work meets preparation and add in toughness in Wisconsin's case

Latest posts