Wisky BB is everything Iowa isn't

Lots of Wisconsin hate. They got jobbed by the officiating the last two minutes. Notre Dame could stab them and it wouldn't have been called a foul.

I get the Wisconsin hate, but I hate Notre Dame a lot more than I hate the Badgers.

So that ending sucked.

Lots of Wisconsin hate. They got jobbed by the officiating the last two minutes. Notre Dame could stab them and it wouldn't have been called a foul.

I didn't see that... Hayes tried to split the trap and put the ball on the floor in a tough situation. The steal on the next possession was absolutely clean.

Wisky blew it. Agreed.

But, once again, they advanced further than Iowa. With a lot less talent arguably.

And also, once again, they competed. Not blown out.

So, as I was saying.....

I didn't see that... Hayes tried to split the trap and put the ball on the floor in a tough situation. The steal on the next possession was absolutely clean.

That foul was amazingly clean on the replay. The trap no call is pretty typical. I think the Wisky guy was going to call TO. Great play by the defender. Even if a foul, took away the 3. Well coached?

WI has got to be bar none the WORST team left in the draw. Yet they always get the teams they play to lay a terd against them, and they always draw the luck card as well.

Well, I guess the UW fluky luck ran out, eh? Looks like it's Boeheim's turn for all the luck this year.

As for "always getting teams" and "draw the luck card", consider who they played last year to reach the championship game: Coastal Carolina (16 seed), Oregon (8), UNC (4), AZ (2), KY (1), and Duke (1): an all star cast of bluebloods. All the teams were the highest possible seed and of course KY came in as the overwhelming tourney favorite and were 38-0 at the time.

Well, I guess the UW fluky luck ran out, eh? Looks like it's Boeheim's turn for all the luck this year.

As for "always getting teams" and "draw the luck card", consider who they played last year to reach the championship game: Coastal Carolina (16 seed), Oregon (8), UNC (4), AZ (2), KY (1), and Duke (1): an all star cast of bluebloods. All the teams were the highest possible seed and of course KY came in as the overwhelming tourney favorite and were 38-0 at the time.

I'm going to run over the flat cat and point out this unequivocally proves my point.

If Iowa was to ever do something like this, we'd be slobbering all over ourselves.

Iowa hasn't been to the title game since 1956, final four since 1980, elite 8 since 1987 and the sweet 16 since 1999.

Wisky won more games in last year's NCAA than Iowa had since 1999 combined.

And that does seem strange considering Wisky doesn't have anything over Iowa regarding facilities, location, etc. Hell, when's the last time Iowa 'stole' a Wisconsin stud BB high school player.

Wisky BB is everything Iowa would like to strive for.

I'm going to run over the flat cat and point out this unequivocally proves my point.

If Iowa was to ever do something like this, we'd be slobbering all over ourselves.

Iowa hasn't been to the title game since 1956, final four since 1980, elite 8 since 1987 and the sweet 16 since 1999.

And that does seem strange considering Wisky doesn't have anything over Iowa regarding facilities, location, etc. Hell, when's the last time Iowa 'stole' a Wisconsin stud BB high school player.

Wisconsin hired a Hall of Fame coach and kept him there for 15 years. Iowa's Hall of Fame coach left for Arizona.

You don't just win because of facilities, location, etc. If you want to become an elite level BB school, you need an elite level coach. Fran is good, I don't think he is Elite.

The Kohl Center is much better than Carver and I do not think it is even really close. In my estimation the Kohl Center is one of the top College BB venues. Until our recent renovations I assume there practice facility was much nicer than ours.

I dont think that is why they are ahead of us right now, just pointing that out.

Wisconsin hired a Hall of Fame coach and kept him there for 15 years. Iowa's Hall of Fame coach left for Arizona.

You don't just win because of facilities, location, etc. If you want to become an elite level BB school, you need an elite level coach. Fran is good, I don't think he is Elite.

Yep. They did all of that because they struck gold with the right hire. They didn't bring in some stud big name coach like people think Iowa should magically do. They once again got lucky.

And last year's run wasn't luck. They were a legit great team. Where they were lucky was a decent recruit turned into the best center in the nation.

If Kaminsky would have bloomed a couple years earlier and was a 5 star coming out of high school, he would have ended up at Kentucky or Duke. Instead he stayed under the radar, went to Wisconsin, and became a stud just in time to prevent them from having a down year.

On the other hand, Fran got in early on a decent recruit and built a good relationship. Then the kid blew up his senior year, became a 5 star, and went to Kentucky. Imagine if Ulis blossomed a couple years later, stayed a 3 star, came to iowa, then blew up after being here a couple years. Iowa may have had their championship run this year.

Iowa=bad luck
Wisconsin =luckiest program ever

Bo came from UW-Green Bay, too bad no good state coaches around here.

Bo came from UW-Green Bay, too bad no good state coaches around here.

He was at UW Milwaukee and the only reason Bo got the job was because Rick Majeraus and Ben Braun turned the job down. Hiring Bo wasnt some master plan, he was the next one left standing.

UW asst gary close resigned. He was former assistant to Davis as well. Maybe he comes back to iowa

Latest posts