Wisconsin

This really is Kirk’s last chance to win the conference. We have to win to have a shot at the West.

This really is Kirk’s last chance to win the conference. We have to win to have a shot at the West.
2 weeks to prepare. If we come into this game with business as usual game plan we will get trucked. Need a few new wrinkles, not telegraphing our plays.

These games typically come down to turnovers, special teams, and time of possession.

One other X factor I think this year is getting the lead. If iowa could get up 10-0 or something like that I think BF can be more comfortable calling plays. I also think UW’s offense doesn’t want to play from behind. Same thing goes if UW gets the lead, Iowa is in trouble I think.

I am sure Iowa will change their total offensive scheme to throw Wisconsin off......I crack myself up. "We just need to Execute". The Ferentzs' The fact that we are in the top 100 in offensive production doesn't mean a thing, unless we execute.

I remember two years ago all too well. We saw a lot of creative playcalling against Ohio State and really opened up the playbook and it worked extremely well. Then we followed it up with a super conservative take-no-chances game plan against Wisconsin and had like 60 yards of offense. It was inexplicable at the time and has me worried about this game. Ferentz and Son probably think they can just do what they always do and we won't see any changes.

051186a097f29d155741a5285e14a74ea166d8-wm.jpg

But, remember.......I still lead the Big Ten in passing.

186a5c00-48f5-4fcb-9eec-97288b127a17_image.jpg

These games typically come down to turnovers, special teams, and time of possession.

One other X factor I think this year is getting the lead. If iowa could get up 10-0 or something like that I think BF can be more comfortable calling plays. I also think UW’s offense doesn’t want to play from behind. Same thing goes if UW gets the lead, Iowa is in trouble I think.

Yep. Even if its 3-0 take it. I wish Iowa would have done this last year. Sometimes you just have to make the other team look at the scoreboard and see they're behind.

This is why I think Iowa will be very conservative on O and D. KF is not going to risk a turnover that puts Wisconsin on a short field. Also not going to risk Wisconsin hitting a big play. He wants to wait for a Wisconsin fumble or pick.

I hope they watch what OSU did. Iowa doesn't have their athletes but Iowa also isn't exactly suffering from lack of talent in the secondary either. OSU basically played a 4-4 D and dared Wisconsin to throw deep. Put big pressure on Coan to get the ball out quick and he couldn't.

I think Wisconsin's OL will play their best game of the season. They've been had 3 of the last 4 games by NW, ILL, & Ohio St. And they've been hearing all about it. I think this game comes down to who doesn't make mistakes.

This game defines this season and how it will be remembered.

Yes, if Iowa loses they are basically 1 1/2 games behind Wisky with 3 games to go. We know Wisky isnt a juggernaut since Illinois beat them but if Iowa losses then Wisky would have to lose two of their remaining games while Iowa wins out.

The bad part about that is even if Iowa beats Minny we might need Wisky to beat Minny also yet I dont think Wisky is losing their other two games that are not to Minny.

Wiscy has a home run hitter in Taylor. We shut him down like OSU and Illinois and score more than 17 we win. Its that simple.

Yes, if Iowa loses they are basically 1 1/2 games behind Wisky with 3 games to go. We know Wisky isnt a juggernaut since Illinois beat them but if Iowa losses then Wisky would have to lose two of their remaining games while Iowa wins out.

The bad part about that is even if Iowa beats Minny we might need Wisky to beat Minny also yet I dont think Wisky is losing their other two games that are not to Minny.

It’s just easier to beat Wisconsin. There is a viable 3 loss scenario for Iowa to win the West with a loss to Wisconsin. Iowa would have to beat Minnesota, Illinois, and Nebraska (finish 6-3), Minnesota would need to loose to Iowa, Penn St. and Northwestern but beat Wisconsin ((finish 6-3). Wisconsin would need to loose to Minnesota and if they won the rest of their games, they’d be 6-3. Iowa would win tie breakers by having a better division record. It’s just too much faith to have in Fitzgerald. But the rest could happen

I remember two years ago all too well. We saw a lot of creative playcalling against Ohio State and really opened up the playbook and it worked extremely well. Then we followed it up with a super conservative take-no-chances game plan against Wisconsin and had like 60 yards of offense. It was inexplicable at the time and has me worried about this game. Ferentz and Son probably think they can just do what they always do and we won't see any changes.
I still believe Kirk informally suspended Brian for the meltdown the previous week, and the Ohio State game plan was O'Keefe's. It was simple too unlike a Brian game plan. I went up to Madison the next week and was completely disappointed by the same old same. It's hard to "enforce your will" on a team as physical or more physical than yourself. Sometimes the rabbit has to outwit the fox.

This game I’m fine if we can’t score and still win . I will take 9-6 or 6-3 win . So sick of losing to these Hillbillies

I still believe Kirk informally suspended Brian for the meltdown the previous week, and the Ohio State game plan was O'Keefe's. It was simple too unlike a Brian game plan. I went up to Madison the next week and was completely disappointed by the same old same. It's hard to "enforce your will" on a team as physical or more physical than yourself. Sometimes the rabbit has to outwit the fox.

Bingo

Latest posts