Wisconsin Bad-ger dance

Hawknick

Banned
The Wisconsin Bad-ger dance is a violation of ncaa rule 9-2 as excessive celebration following the last rule change. It states that no excessive, prolonged, or CHOREOGRAPHED acts are allowed and results in a 15 yard penalty. Their stupid run dance is at the very least violates the choreographed clause, and probably the excessive, prolonged, or the intentional attention clauses. The refs need to do their jobs and call this!

Hawknick... you need to learn to accept getting beat by a better team every once in a while. That's what happenned against MSU, OSU and Wisconsin.

This has nothing to do with that game specifically, that is why it is in the general forum. I saw clips of this violation taking place on other occasions. Second the rule does not specifically that the infraction has to take place in the field of play.

This has nothing to do with that game specifically, that is why it is in the general forum. I saw clips of this violation taking place on other occasions. Second the rule does not specifically that the infraction has to take place in the field of play.

So, the question is who cares. Why take all the joy out of it for these kids. A 15-yard penalty was not going to help Iowa on Saturday, and even so, it's a game and they should enjoy it. Why would refs watch the sidelines, they have enough problems getting calls right when they watch them on the field.

Because the rule is there for a reason. I don't like the taunting. If I were KF I would snub them like he did against the cheaters a few weeks ago. It also should not be that hard to spot with how much they do it. After they get called for it a few times it will stop. That is what I want to see the rule be fully enforced, and for such unsportsman like conduct to stop. It is such a clear violation too, just call it.

Save your breath for a better fight. In no way was it taunting. So should Iowa have been penalized for bouncing around in the huddle, on the field, before the start of the fourth quarter?

This is a good question. I had to look it up.

choreography | Definition at Dictionary.com Mobile
For something to be choreographed as mentioned in rule 9-2 it has to be an arranged sequence of steps or movements, also known as dancing. A theatrical play would also qualify.

In Wisconsin's case they are in violation because their dance is an arranged sequence of movements and steps.

Iowa is not in violation because all the jumping is randomly times. There is no sequence to the jumps. If they all used the same pattern of jumps they could be in violation.

Also this is an excessive celebration penalty. In that case Iowa was not celebrating anything. Wisconsin clearly was.

This is a good question. I had to look it up.

choreography | Definition at Dictionary.com Mobile
For something to be choreographed as mentioned in rule 9-2 it has to be an arranged sequence of steps or movements, also known as dancing. A theatrical play would also qualify.

In Wisconsin's case they are in violation because their dance is an arranged sequence of movements and steps.

Iowa is not in violation because all the jumping is randomly times. There is no sequence to the jumps. If they all used the same pattern of jumps they could be in violation.

Also this is an excessive celebration penalty. In that case Iowa was not celebrating anything. Wisconsin clearly was.

Wow, this is what you are complaining about from a loss...I have an ingrown toenail, can you help me with it?

This has nothing to do with one game. Touchdown dances have been a problem for years in college and pro ball. The rules have been strengthened to eliminate this problem. I noticed a clearly choreographed act that violates the rule and I would like to see it be enforced. I am also sick of dbags like Terrell Owens showboating.

While watching game highlights I noticed the dance was still being done in violation of rule 9-2. It was done in a game where I hate both teams, so none can claim that I am biased in this one. It made the highlight real, so it violated the attention clause, it violates the choreograph clause, it is clearly an excessive celebration. The rule is in place to stop touchdown dances and showboating like this. It is about time that it is enforced. Call it a few times and it will stop.

While watching game highlights I noticed the dance was still being done in violation of rule 9-2. It was done in a game where I hate both teams, so none can claim that I am biased in this one. It made the highlight real, so it violated the attention clause, it violates the choreograph clause, it is clearly an excessive celebration. The rule is in place to stop touchdown dances and showboating like this. It is about time that it is enforced. Call it a few times and it will stop.

You sound like a lot of fun. Want to go have a beer sometime?

The real penalty is watching that stupid dance. I felt sorry for those guys when I saw it for the first time on national TV. If you're going to do a dance, at least make it classy; like the Humpty Dance or something.

Let them have it. It's kind of a subtle, simple, inconsequential activity, and it's already been embraced by the fan base, media, and now the Green Bay Packers. I guess I could understand some outrage if they did it in the end zone, but they don't. They do it on their own sideline, not directed at the crowd or the opponent, certainly not taunting anyone.

That is not entirely true either. At least for the Indiana game the dance took place outside 25 yard line player area. Any player with integrity is supposed to hand the ball to the referee like KMM and proceed to the player area. You did your job, act like you've been there before. That is too much to ask of a Wisconsin RB. As we all know one of their RBs completely lacks integrity or honesty.

Latest posts