Wisconsin 70 Austin Peay 3

I didn't see the Wisconsin game, but I guess I would have to see how long they left the starters in the game. Again, it's a product of the BCS and making an impression. How many times last year did we hear, "Iowa only beat such and such by 3 points", etc. That kept up all season long. It was like the "pollsters" seemed to gloss over the fact that Iowa won @Penn St., Mich. St. and Wisconsin.

This is what I was curious about. I can kind of understand if the 3rd stringers were in a large portion of the second half. I've always thought that Iowa should run up the score a little more - say in the 40's. However 70 is just stupid.

I'm not a fan of it either. I'd rather get beat by Arizona than score 70 on a team like Austin Peay.

Whatever internet tool with a keyboard that allows you to say the most idiotic things imaginable.

Mac50702 is right. If you think it's a big deal that Wisconsin scored 70, then you haven't been paying attention. I'd recommend a healthy dose of box scores from week 1 and 2 of not only this season, but seasons past. Maybe that'll wake you up to reality.

Whatever internet tool with a keyboard that allows you to say the most idiotic things imaginable.

Mac50702 is right. If you think it's a big deal that Wisconsin scored 70, then you haven't been paying attention. I'd recommend a healthy dose of box scores from week 1 and 2 of not only this season, but seasons past. Maybe that'll wake you up to reality.

People we are all friends in the eyes of the Lord.

Just to let you know Austin Peay is what some coaches have said is the WORST FCS (I-AA) team in the country. They actually got beat by a D-II team!!

Iowa could have done the same thing, the difference is Kirk has respect and wouldn't even think twice about putting 60 on a team. Kirk needs to start playing this game though because Wisconsin has started and it has helped them. Iowa isn't going to gain many votes if it doesn't start looking "sexy".

Teams in the Big 10 rarely, if ever put up huge scores like this. And if they do, it's usually because they were winning 50-0 at half, and 'accidentally' scored a few more points down the road with their second team.

As for tOSU, they also gave up 20 points to Eastern Michigan, and it wasn't necessarily during garbage time...

Just to let you know Austin Peay is what some coaches have said is the WORST FCS (I-AA) team in the country. They actually got beat by a D-II team!!

Iowa could have done the same thing, the difference is Kirk has respect and wouldn't even think twice about putting 60 on a team. Kirk needs to start playing this game though because Wisconsin has started and it has helped them. Iowa isn't going to gain many votes if it doesn't start looking "sexy".

A lot of these wins just happen and its not always the coaches running up the score. Back in 02 we put up 62 on NW and I'm sure kirk would have never wanted to really do that, but it happend. Look back in 08 when we thumped minny 55-0 stanzi threw a TD pass in the 4th when we were already up 41-0.

My god - take your medication.

Teams in the Big 10 rarely, if ever put up huge scores like this. And if they do, it's usually because they were winning 50-0 at half, and 'accidentally' scored a few more points down the road with their second team.

As for tOSU, they also gave up 20 points to Eastern Michigan, and it wasn't necessarily during garbage time...

I think it was 35-3 at half.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this has been posted. But Ohio State was up BIG, and they ran a trick play, throwing deep to Pryor for a TD. They never run those plays in the Big Ten. I can see the argument for making teams prepare for that, but when you never actually back up that threat, it's just running up the score.

Wiscy has played a very weak non conference schedule..IMO this bites them in the butt. Fat John Clay wont be running wild once he starts facing Big 10 Defenses.
UNLV
ASU
San Jose St
Austin Peay
They will be bowl eligible in first week of October. Might beat MSU and will destroy Minny

Latest posts