Winter Sports Athletes Might Get an Extra Year

andrewdowns

Administrator
Staff member
NCAA Hoops.png

This could mean big things for Hawkeye seniors in hoops as well as Spencer Lee's bid for four NCAA Championships.

Would Garza and Bohannon come back for another year?

If Spencer Lee gets effed out of 4 titles Iowa City should march on Washington. That kid is a national treasure and I'm not joking. Never seen such enthusiasm and straight up positivity in a human being. He eats sleeps and breathes Iowa, and he's the definition of a true Hawkeye.

I dare anyone to watch the clips below (they're all different time stamped excerpts) and not think they could deadlift a semi.

I also challenge anyone to name a Hawkeye who more deserves to be mentioned in the same breathe as Nile Kinnick when it comes to selflessness and believing in your teammates like you would your family. This guy will be an Olympic gold medalist and future head coach of the Hawkeye wrestling team. Book it.

View attachment 6888

This could mean big things for Hawkeye seniors in hoops as well as Spencer Lee's bid for four NCAA Championships.

Would Garza and Bohannon come back for another year?

Bohannon would be approaching Jess Settles in terms of longevity if he came back for the 21-22 basketball season after playing this year, too. How did that work again, with Settles?

Just don't see how this plan is feasible, especially if there actually is a basketball season. HS athletes would continue to graduate and look to play at the next level. If everyone gets another year and we just have a do over year, what spots will open? Doesn't make any sense to me. Am I missing the obvious?

I assume that this means that there is no need to redshirt any of the five freshman. Every player would get five years correct?

Latest posts