Will there be Sound-Off tonight?

Oh yeah, for sure. I am usually a pretty cool customer having done this stuff for a long time. But the live BTN segment I did on 9/1/10 with LeCharles, who was, let's say, televisionedly challenged, was about the most pressure I have felt in a job....because on the other side of the camera was standing one Jim Delany, who was coming onto the set in the next segment....and my job was to critique the division alignments. But damn, that was living, too. Love challenges like that.

Totally choice memory. Tks for sharing. #sincere

Cliff's Notes for HFN:
Realists outnumbered KF koolaid-drinkers by about 10 to 1.
Neither I nor OK4P could get through from long distance.
JohnstonHokk made a strong, content-filled call, plus he represented le plasix sales doofus. #respect
Shane from Des Moines was hammered.
Several other callers were also drunj.
Tork called in with solid content but is being self-critical for some reason.
This thread kept the drive alive.

I appreciate it Scorp. Lord knows I have to keep up with this ****.

Ooo! Ooo!

I nearly forgot: JD totally called out OK4P at one point, heading in to a break. It was pure gold.

Radio is a lot less stressful than TV. Yes, I have done both too.

I did a stand up bit for DITV in tandem with a story I wrote last spring, and it's definitely more stressful than a call in.

I suppose if I called in more regularly (this was my third or fourth time, ever), that'd fade a little. But I seriously struggle with the presentation.

Hell, in freshman rhetoric, I delivered a speech about how unfair/hypocritical the NCAA is when it comes to its amateurism rules. I wrote a paper on the same topic the week before, and got an A with high praise for my writing ability. Absolutely butchered the delivery in the speech, hardly worthy of a D. But I pulled a B because my outline was detailed and my instructor could tell I really knew my ****, I just struggled in front of people.

I'd love to get a foot in on radio, though. I don't think I'd ever want to do TV, but radio is a challenge I think I could take on and overcome my fears a little.

Cliff's Notes for HFN:
Realists outnumbered KF koolaid-drinkers by about 10 to 1.
Neither I nor OK4P could get through from long distance.
JohnstonHokk made a strong, content-filled call, plus he represented le plasix sales doofus. #respect
Shane from Des Moines was hammered.
Several other callers were also drunj.
Tork called in with solid content but is being self-critical for some reason.
This thread kept the drive alive.

I'm a journalist. Say what you will about some media members' motives for what they say, but we're pretty much all VERY self-critical when it comes to our presentations.

I will also say this thread was entertaining to follow while doing the show.

It was pretty fun to discuss who was making what shout outs and what not, and then hearing them on the show. I was really hoping for the atomicblue impersonation (or appearance, whichever), though. If someone had called in with a body slam reference, I might have banged my head on the floor after falling out of my chair.

I'm a journalist. Say what you will about some media members' motives for what they say, but we're pretty much all VERY self-critical when it comes to our presentations.

So are sales pros. :cool:

You did good, Tork. Especially compared to "Shane in Des Moines". ;)

This thread was infinitely more fun than the game thread. I was giddy waiting for a HN shout-out. Lost it when JDM made the oK4P call.

Already sad that wifey will make me go to her company Xmas party next Saturday night. No Sound-Off for me.:(

This thread was infinitely more fun than the game thread. I was giddy waiting for a HN shout-out. Lost it when JDM made the oK4P call.

Already sad that wifey will make me go to her company Xmas party next Saturday night. No Sound-Off for me.:(

SoundOff will start much earlier next Saturday, brah. Iowa plays @ 11 (12 my time). JD said he will light the blowtorch at approx 3:30 PM Central.

SoundOff will start much earlier next Saturday, brah. Iowa plays @ 11 (12 my time). JD said he will light the blowtorch at approx 3:30 PM Central.

I'll be a little late to the party next week. I'm covering the Purdue game for the DI, then wrap up my game coverage in Ann Arbor.

What the hell? It's not even Thanksgiving yet!

Sorry for my epic fail last night, gents. I got pretty grunk and ended up with technical difficulties that prevented the call. I had what I thought would have been a decent call lined up and sketched out, but when I tested it on my buddy he said it wouldn't come through properly on the radio and it would have left me unable to simultaneously say it and hear it. I was going to use the autotune voice changer thing on Ma's keyboard to make a call as Willy from Evanston using a voice similar to this:

[video=youtube;cSD0jgyxHJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSD0jgyxHJE[/video]

My ****** was:

Yeah this Willy from Evanston and I want to know who the last one to use the bathroom was when y'all was in town last week. I went into Ryan Field to clean the place up and it looked like someone left a giant turd up in there in the visiting locker room. This thing was so big if I would have pulled it out of the toilet and stretched it out end to end it would have been 6 or 8 foot long. It was so big the water in the bowl was half an inch from the top of the bowl. I'm thinking maybe 3 or 4 guys may have taken turns with it but the last guy would have had some major splashback to deal with. And there wasn't so much as a single square of toilet paper in the bowl. And I just wanted to know who it was because I talk to other sanitation engineers in the Big Ten and I wanted to give the guy in Bloomington a heads up that he might to want to wear a biohazard suit to work on Monday cause y'all prolly left a bigger turd there than you did in Evanston.

You better be listening, and listening for my next shout out, it will be pure gold...

Latest posts