Will there be Sound-Off tonight?

Didn't that just happen?

I don't think the train is off the tracks yet. But things need to start getting better next year.

You serious Clark? Not only is the train off the tracks, but the cars are all mangled and the conductor is telling all the passengers that thats the ebb and flow of train travel! Jon, wake up....this season is worse than 2007 and the only thing that saved KF in 2008 was Shonn Greene....and there ain't a Shonn Greene walking thru that door next year! Jon, its over. In fact, with hindsight being what it is, it was over the minute that everyone in the stadium knew Wisky was going to fake the punt...well, everyone but KF. We are 13-15 since then....with 2 losses to Minny, ISU and NW and a loss to indiana and CMU. Thats "train off the tracks" results Jon!

I fooled people into thinking I was articulate simply because I spoke clearly and was sober. That was where I wanted to take that argument, and let myself get away from it. Public speaking is not my strong suit at all :(.

That just makes you like 99% of the world ;)

I can hear gears grind sometimes, people who want to say something but they get apprehensive or thrown off track. It's not as easy as it sounds ;)

Jon, thanks for putting Robert in Waterloo on. He's a pretty neat story and pretty sharp guy considering his handicap. He loves life and loves college football and helps put life into perspective.

You serious Clark? Not only is the train off the tracks, but the cars are all mangled and the conductor is telling all the passengers that thats the ebb and flow of train travel! Jon, wake up....this season is worse than 2007 and the only thing that saved KF in 2008 was Shonn Greene....and there ain't a Shonn Greene walking thru that door next year! Jon, its over. In fact, with hindsight being what it is, it was over the minute that everyone in the stadium knew Wisky was going to fake the punt...well, everyone but KF. We are 13-15 since then....with 2 losses to Minny, ISU and NW and a loss to indiana and CMU. Thats "train off the tracks" results Jon!

I think they will be better next year. I think there is some young blood on the recruiting trails and that will help, as will the facilities upgrades. I think the decimation of the senior class is haunting the program right now, and next year's senior class won't be exponentially better, but there will be some more young and exciting talent that will get reps.

Kirk has through 2014 at the very least. So I'm just not gonna pee into the wind these next two years.

That actually was one of the better Soundoffs in recent memory, IMO. Pretty tame for a loss, especially one to Indiana. A lot more coherent and critical thought from the callers, without being overly critical or nit-picky. And not much of the homerism that often follows a win from callers, either.

Plus, one of the best calls I've heard in a long time. Downright good stuff tonight, even if the game wasn't.

That just makes you like 99% of the world ;)

I can hear gears grind sometimes, people who want to say something but they get apprehensive or thrown off track. It's not as easy as it sounds ;)

Radio is a lot less stressful than TV. Yes, I have done both too.

Jon, thanks for putting Robert in Waterloo on. He's a pretty neat story and pretty sharp guy considering his handicap. He loves life and loves college football and helps put life into perspective.

I love the guy. I can make out a few key words and I focus on that and always try to acknowledge that I understand what he is saying.

While I don't wish for Soundoff shows after losses, I have learned not to loathe them as they are typically the most easy to moderate and the flow is fast. Tonight was like jet tempo because we only had 90 minutes or so. I think it made for a better show actually. I have always felt three hours was too long...in two hours, there is more focus on letting people get in but not stay on too long.

I will also say this thread was entertaining to follow while doing the show.

I've been listening to Soundoff for ever and tonight was the all time most fun it's been for me.

Radio is a lot less stressful than TV. Yes, I have done both too.

Oh yeah, for sure. I am usually a pretty cool customer having done this stuff for a long time. But the live BTN segment I did on 9/1/10 with LeCharles, who was, let's say, televisionedly challenged, was about the most pressure I have felt in a job....because on the other side of the camera was standing one Jim Delany, who was coming onto the set in the next segment....and my job was to critique the division alignments. But damn, that was living, too. Love challenges like that.

Cliff's Notes for HFN:
Realists outnumbered KF koolaid-drinkers by about 10 to 1.
Neither I nor OK4P could get through from long distance.
JohnstonHokk made a strong, content-filled call, plus he represented le plasix sales doofus. #respect
Shane from Des Moines was hammered.
Several other callers were also drunj.
Tork called in with solid content but is being self-critical for some reason.
This thread kept the drive alive.

Cliff's Notes for HFN:
Realists outnumbered KF koolaid-drinkers by about 10 to 1.
Neither I nor OK4P could get through from long distance.
JohnstonHokk made a strong, content-filled call, plus he represented le plasix sales doofus. #respect
Shane from Des Moines was hammered.
Several other callers were also drunj.
Tork called in with solid content but is being self-critical for some reason.
This thread kept the drive alive.

It was a nice distraction from the events earlier.

Latest posts