Will Mitchell/Wadley next yr be like Daniels/Wadley this year?

Joshbrown

Speculate on how we'll use them next year.

Mitchell could bring a dimension Daniels lacked . . . meaning our running game could actually improve next year.

Who's Mitchell? and does he practice well?

While it would be a bonus, we don't need the running game to be better(about the same would be great), but we do need the passing game to improve quite a bit.

I think Wadley will get 3-5 more touches per game next year. "How" he gets those touches and who the other option is...will be the more important questions. Wadley is not going to get 20+ carries per game out of the backfield, nor should any Hawkeye fan want that(we need him getting more touches in other ways, and need a 2nd option to take 8-12 carries/targets per game).

What would be even nicer is having 2 backs that doesn't tell everyone on the planet whether its a run or passing down, depending on who is in.

Mr Toks shall be # 2 next yr I bet. I hope Wadley is the man and can handle 20 touches a game... I hope Mitchell be in the mix next year though he's a good player too. I just doubt he'll be the man..

Who's Mitchell? and does he practice well?

While it would be a bonus, we don't need the running game to be better(about the same would be great), but we do need the passing game to improve quite a bit.

First off, I am interviewing for the co-coordinator position after the bowl game, and you always want every aspect to get better.

Secondly, Harmon had 900 yards rushing and 900 yards receiving in 1984. I'm thinking of using the receiving skillz of Mi/Wa much more next year. So by using healthy doses of both I anticipate our running game and our receiving game will improve.

Give me your input on how we should use our skill players in 2017? I'm an open-minded coach so I'd also like your feedback on how we can improve our WR play? I see our TEs doing more next year relative to this year. Do you share my vision?

The way we use our WR's I didn't know they were our skilled players.I think everyone's vision is we need to go in a different direction with OC and WR coach,their not getting the job done and they've had plenty of time to get it done.

I think there will be enough talent on the roster next year. To me, the key will be QB (who will start) and injuries, as always. In 2015, we were extremely lucky with injuries. In 2016, our two best receivers went down early (Vandy early in the season and Kittle in the Purdue game), and it really hurt. Kittle wasn't a factor again until Nebraska (you could see a difference in our offense), and obviously Vandeberg never returned.

One other negative factor is the schedule next year.....it is really a lot tougher than it has been the past 3 seasons.

I actually think JoshBrown would be an upgrade at offensive coordinator :)

Toks is listed at 6-0, 205. He has some Wadley skills in a bigger package. Toren Young is 5-11, 220. He's more of the LeShun Daniels type.

Mr Toks shall be # 2 next yr I bet. I hope Wadley is the man and can handle 20 touches a game... I hope Mitchell be in the mix next year though he's a good player too. I just doubt he'll be the man..

WTH has Toks showed this year?!?

The way we use our WR's I didn't know they were our skilled players.I think everyone's vision is we need to go in a different direction with OC and WR coach,their not getting the job done and they've had plenty of time to get it done.

We are going in a different direction. That's why Kirk is interviewing me in January.

Toks is listed at 6-0, 205. He has some Wadley skills in a bigger package. Toren Young is 5-11, 220. He's more of the LeShun Daniels type.

Mitchell is listed at 6-1 220. Seems big enough to block and be a bruising back. With his hands basically a Daniels upgrade.

That won't happen as long as GD is in charge of the offense.You can't have a upgrade if you don't have new ideas.

Latest posts