Will Mcaffrey bring B.J. aboard? (please)

Cowhawk

I will totally love this hire if they bring B.J. onboard for his scouting experience and recruiting potenetial! If not, at least a former player with some coaching experience would be great & whose personable!

I will totally love this hire if they bring B.J. onboard for his scouting experience and recruiting potenetial! If not, at least a former player with some coaching experience would be great & whose personable!

BJ makes way to much in his current role to move into an Assistants salary. This isn't going to happen...book it!

Last edited:
I don't see BJ leaving his current job either. When Coach Fran mentioned something at his presser about the possibility of a former player on the staff Kenyon Murray is the first one I thought of. I think he would be an outstanding choice. If not Kenyon what about Kevin Gamble?

Its not impossible, he has a lot of bank from the bulls and scouting! I bet he'd be a pretty well compensated asst. & from the stuff I read the past 2 weeks I kind think he'd give it some thought I would'nt book it as impossible! but Mcaffrey mentioning that he'd consider a former player I really do like!

Its not impossible, he has a lot of bank from the bulls and scouting! I bet he'd be a pretty well compensated asst. & from the stuff I read the past 2 weeks I kind think he'd give it some thought I would'nt book it as impossible! but Mcaffrey mentioning that he'd consider a former player I really do like!

I like the thought the coach M will bring in a past player as an assistant. I would be ecstatic if that guy was Kenyon Murray.

I guess it is not fair of me to say he would not come. I have no idea how much he makes as an NBA agent. But what would we pay him to be an assistant? $150,000? That even seems high.

BJ makes way to much in his current role to move into an Assistants salary. This isn't going to happen...book it!

And people continue to not understand this.

Do people think he's just a bum on the streets? He makes BIG money as an NBA agent.

You could argue that going from an NBA agent to the Iowa mens basketball coach is a lateral move AT BEST.

Why would he take the assistant coaching job?

And people continue to not understand this.

Do people think he's just a bum on the streets? He makes BIG money as an NBA agent.

You could argue that going from an NBA agent to the Iowa mens basketball coach is a lateral move AT BEST.

Why would he take the assistant coaching job?

because if BJ wants to start coaching he is going to need to start somewhere. Starting as an assistant at a Big Ten School is not a bad way to go. They paycheck would just need to be there.

BJ's rumored timeline, had he become the HC, would mesh with him exiting the program in time to become an agent for a couple of potential highly rated Iowa HS Basketball players. If we could land them the potential for BJ to become an assistant is still there, he may still entertain it. I wouldn't bet on it could payoff handsomely if it worked out.

I think K.Murray is a realistic possiblity and I would like to see Kevin Gamble as a possibility. He is coaching currently in Illinois I believe. Either one of these two would be a great addition to the new staff!

Come on people. If you lived in LA, make millions of $ as an agent would you want to be an assistant at Iowa?

Most great players don't turnout to be great coaches anyway, lets move past the BJ talk. He can help the program out in other ways.

Latest posts