Will Mcaffrey bring B.J. aboard? (please)

Kevin Gamble is the only one with signifcant coaching experience. He is the HC at the University of Illinois at Springfield. He might be a good choice. He is doing very well there from the sounds of it. Granted it's NAIA, but winning is winning...

I saw him at Target the other day. He is too involved in his daughter Kiah's life to help at Iowa. He would have to miss her whole senior year, and also her college career. That is not happening, in my opinion.

Actually, from what I had been reading a little over a month ago, it seemed as though Kiah was leaning a little our way. She had been quoted as saying "like father, like daughter". If Greg were to be hired here, I have little doubt that that would be what sealed the deal for Kiah.

He would still miss a significant amount of her games though if he took a job with Fran, even if she went to Iowa too.

I can understand that. I've just thrown his name out a few times to see what people thought, as I know he's got some JUCO coaching experience.

We already have the old fan base. The former Iowa players you are talking about are big with the old base. We need a YOUNGER fan base to build upon and they don't know the guys that played in the 80's or early 90's. We would probably be better served by having an asst that played in the past decade like Horner or Haluska. The old guard knows them and the young crowd does as well. Just my two cents. Coaching experience for the number 2-3 assistant is not important. Guys get their experience and start being the #2-3 assistant.

And people continue to not understand this.

Do people think he's just a bum on the streets? He makes BIG money as an NBA agent.

You could argue that going from an NBA agent to the Iowa mens basketball coach is a lateral move AT BEST.

Why would he take the assistant coaching job?

This. The obvious escapes many people.

BJ is Derrick Rose's agent. Rose made $5 million dollars this year. If we assume that BJ gets 5% as agent, that is $250,000. Now remember, NBA rookie contracts are slotted, so there is no negotiating them. So in effect, BJ got paid 1/4 million for ABSOLTUTELY NOTHING.

I don't know what else he does for Derrick Rose, and I don't know who else he represents. What I do know is that he makes more off of Rose's salary (which he doesn't put any effort towards) than he will make in one year of assistant coaching in the Big 10.

Latest posts