Will KF ever change the offense scheme?

I should have started my rant off with the question is rhetorical. It will never change.

I'm just so annoyed by watching BORING PREDICTABLE football every single Saturday.

In another thread, Jon alluded to KF presser where KF blamed the shift from last years offense under GD, to the terminology of BF offense. Apparently it takes all of spring ball, summer and fall camps, and five weeks into the season to figure out the offense.

Do other teams struggle when they make a change in offense? Didn't WI go from BB, to Gary Anderson, to Chryst and they haven't missed a beat. Even WI made a switch from 4-3 to 3-4 on defense and didn't drop.

The fact is Brian got this job because of his dad. He had ZERO qualifications to call plays for a division one program. And we are seeing this lack of experience now, mixed in with the absolute crap that is KF football. So far this offense looks as bad as the 2012 offense.

If anything, going from GD WR read offense, to what i assume is more traditional based set routes with hot reads for blitz pick ups, EASIER.
I'll say it again:
We have a qualified OC and we put him at OL coach
We put BF at OC with 0 experience (nepotism pure and simple)
And we have another former OC sitting on the sidelines supposedly working with the QB who can't complete a long ball OR figure out that the D is baiting him into calling the same useless running play.
AND we've got a guy in Reece Morgan that wants to retire and we make him the DL Coach and our DL can't get to a damn QB. Seems like that's about it....did I miss anything?

Remember how Charlie Brown was put in charge of directing a Christmas play? No experience whatsoever. A complete disaster. The kids danced to the same beat over and over and over again. They never accomplished much in their practice. He had one main job of getting a flashy and fast Christmas tree. He picked the slow, boring, and weak one.

It took everyone else to step up and shore up Charlie's shortcomings. Even his own dog knew more about the Xs and Os of setting up a crowd pleasing Xmas display.

Sound familiar?

And that is the true meaning of Iowa Football. :)

I honestly don't understand how Iowa is coached so poorly . Isn't the definition of a poor coach one that cannot adjust to win games? When have we ever came out after halftime and did anything different? Iowa seems to look worse after half time. I'm assuming it's because the other teams coach made adjustments..I'm not sure how they would need to since they know the 5 formations and 10 plays we run. Theres hundreds of plays you can call to counter aggressive defenses. Why have none of those been ran? This is why Iowa has zero respect. Media guys openly call it out and the coach.

I honestly don't understand how Iowa is coached so poorly . Isn't the definition of a poor coach one that cannot adjust to win games? When have we ever came out after halftime and did anything different? Iowa seems to look worse after half time. I'm assuming it's because the other teams coach made adjustments..I'm not sure how they would need to since they know the 5 formations and 10 plays we run. Theres hundreds of plays you can call to counter aggressive defenses. Why have none of those been ran? This is why Iowa has zero respect. Media guys openly call it out and the coach.

KF defense team to eradicate any and all criticism in 5-4-3-2....

It is because KF does not game plan to expose the other teams weakness period! He runs the same offense or defense no matter who we play. I have never seen us make half time adjustments. The other teams seem too because they have a coaching staff willing to make the adjustments to put their teams in a position to win the game. The same things you seen the first four games you will see this weekend and because of this you will see a bad Ill team play us tough. We will win the game but it won't be a blowout because we will do what we do and let the other team adjust. Some on here can say its talent and recruiting all you want but I believe we have some good solid players that can play with anyone but KF is to afraid to be aggressive because its an odds thing and he hates going against the odds. X's and O's football and gap integrity only go so far. I also hate we rush four and drop how many back in coverage only to allow the catch or play to succeed while every damn TE and Receiver we put out there has someone glued to his ass and contesting the ball.

Latest posts