Will JVB get drafted?

Will JVB be the second consecutive Iowa QB to be drafted?

• Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 74.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes he gets drafted. His numbers were good this year and will be better next year. He will miss McNutt but don't underestimate the value of a stud TE in Iowa's offense. CJF should have a big year next year which will open things up on the outside. With or without Coker the running game will be ok and they play action passing game to the tight end will once again be a big part of the Iowa offense.

His composure in the pocket has to do a complete 180 to get drafted. Even then he'll have to play on the road like he does at home. If he does this he might get drafted but I just don't see it happening.

Matt Millen. Seriously Matt Millen. You know Matt Millen obviously has an eye for QB talent. This is garbage and I laugh every time some of you parrot this idiot.

For the record I voiced concerns about his delivery before Matt Millen ever said anything. There are no issues with it at the college level but it will be a concern at the next level.

I'll bet you an ice cold coca cola he doesnt get drafted in the 3rd round or earlier

Yes, and for anybody saying no he is a better Pro prospect than Stanzi was. Unless he has a horrible year he will for sure be drafted lets not forget this is only his first full year starting. Compare Stanzi and JVB'S junior seasons and its not close.

For the record I voiced concerns about his delivery before Matt Millen ever said anything. There are no issues with it at the college level but it will be a concern at the next level.

I'll bet you an ice cold coca cola he doesnt get drafted in the 3rd round or earlier

Your on, but lest make it a keystone.

Back to the question, the only way JVB gets drafted is if Obama stirs up WWIII over in the Middle East and we need to shore up the Army. Frankly, I'd rather see them start with the hippies, but I doubt they will.

Physical skill wise I think he's OK, however he lacks that killer instinct and that will hold him back.

Last edited:
I think KOK gets a bum rap regarding the development of our QBs, that's actually been a strength of his, and of Iowa in general. We do a much better job of that than almost any other school in the Big10.

I think KOK gets a bum rap regarding the development of our QBs, that's actually been a strength of his, and of Iowa in general. We do a much better job of that than almost any other school in the Big10.

Wow disagree, huge here. I don't think KOK is a great OC or QB coach. JVB has legit issues with footwork- that is a QB coach's responsibility. I think KOK specifically and the staff in general are too into the Macro. Also with his play-calling he often sets up the offense and QBs specifically up to fail. Iowa is so predictable formationally on a given down and distance and receiver splits.

What is JVB's best throw specifically? IMO it would be the deep our or comeback. Not a lot of those called this season. Also JVB struggles to throw over the middle. That again is on coaching. A fresh set of eyes at the QB position could do no harm, and I know we don't have the room on the staff for a QB coach.

I'll take it a step further.

Being a QB is about making plays, and that means you have to take some risks.

Stanzi was a better QB in 09 than he was in 10 because he played with complete reckless abandon in 2009. Now his stats would tell you a different story, but mis mojo was gone.

Look at Tate. He won 10 games as a true sophomore with no RB. He ran all over the field and flung it around. He only won 13 games the next two years combined.

What no one else ever tells you about Brett Farve? He also is near the top of another statistical category. Interceptions.

But in the KF world we live in, the offenses ONLY job is not to run the ball over.

I'll take it a step further.

Being a QB is about making plays, and that means you have to take some risks.

Stanzi was a better QB in 09 than he was in 10 because he played with complete reckless abandon in 2009. Now his stats would tell you a different story, but mis mojo was gone.

Look at Tate. He won 10 games as a true sophomore with no RB. He ran all over the field and flung it around. He only won 13 games the next two years combined.

What no one else ever tells you about Brett Farve? He also is near the top of another statistical category. Interceptions.

But in the KF world we live in, the offenses ONLY job is not to run the ball over.

I agree with this somewhat. In 2004 Iowa had to be creative, but that offense was not really good, the defense made the team that season. 2005 may truly be the best offense Iowa has ever had because 2002 was just such a fluke. That team avoided turnovers, was extremely efficient and had great balance. But that was still a relatively new look offense to opposing teams.

My biggest problem with the offense is the actual play calls. I don't mind the sets, the motion, or most of the play design. What I have an issue with is what formations we line up in on a given down and distance. The only down a defense has to guess on is first down. and even then opposing D's can often be tipped off by motion or formation. Play action has been a crutch to this staff and with Coker in the backfield teams didn't have to stack 8 in the box because a deep safety could come up and make a tackle. The passing design is flawed and STALE. If you have twins to one side you know the deep receiver is going to threaten deep 90% of the time and try to clear out for the slot. Iowa doesn't attack coverage they run their plays regardless of what a defense is doing in a given game or what they do well. There is nothing creative about Iowa's offense in the passing game and that needs to change.

The opposing defense can execute pretty well when they have a pretty good idea what is coming.

Latest posts