Will Iowa get back to the Rose Bowl?

bobcat

Seeing next years schedule, I was talking to the wife about Iowa ever making it back to The Rose Bowl and for us to go. I am curious on how much time and money would it take to go there. Are the festivities as good as people say? I know it is wishful thinking but whenever it does happen I am going! It is on my bucket list. Would love to hear some stories if you have them. Also the CCG would be awesome too!

Probably not. If I understand the new format under the new playoff structure next year, the Rose Bowl will be one of the two first rounds games before the championship game. I don't if this is a one year thing for the Rose Bowl or if it will always be that way. Under this structure we would have to be one of the top 4 ranked teams selected by the committee.

Probably not. If I understand the new format under the new playoff structure next year, the Rose Bowl will be one of the two first rounds games before the championship game. I don't if this is a one year thing for the Rose Bowl or if it will always be that way. Under this structure we would have to be one of the top 4 ranked teams selected by the committee.

One semifinal is in the Rose Bowl every three years.

2014-2015: Rose/Sugar
2015-2016: Orange/Cotton
2016-2017: Fiesta/Chick-Fil-A

And repeat.

If we win the CCG, then the Rose? or are the playoffs seeded. Rose gets #1 and #4 etc.

While I believe Iowa now has an easier path to a B1G championship with the new division splits, I don't see a Rose Bowl in the near or distant future.

IMO Iowa needs 3 things (or 7 players if you will) all in the same season to get to a Rose Bowl: 1) One of the top 2 QBs in the B1G, 2) One of the top two DLs in the B1G, and 3) at least 2 legit downfield threats.

Just having one of those covered is pretty difficult for Iowa, let alone to get all 3.

Answer me this, is there still going to be a Rose Bowl game that is a different game than the Playoff Semifinal played in the Rose Bowl.

I can't imagine the money people aren't looking for a way to still have the Rose Bowl as a separate bowl on new years day and either before or after new years day they play the semifinal game there.

Is this correct?

Answer me this, is there still going to be a Rose Bowl game that is a different game than the Playoff Semifinal played in the Rose Bowl.

I can't imagine the money people aren't looking for a way to still have the Rose Bowl as a separate bowl on new years day and either before or after new years day they play the semifinal game there.

Is this correct?

From what I understand all of the 6 possible semifinal bowl games (even when they're not hosting a semifinal) will be played either Dec 31 or January 1. So if the Rose is a semifinal, that will serve at that year's actual Rose Bowl.

With Mangino in the state, we will experience new lows. All of the good recruits will go to Iowa State now. If they don't Mangino will eat them.

If they do I'm buying tickets, and if I can't I will stand outside the stadium for the game. I'm sure most Iowa fans feel this way, I can't even imagine the demand for tickets. I could see Iowa bringing the most fans out of any school in recent memory.

The tradition of the Rose Bowl was ruined when the BCS was formed, especially evident when the traditional Big Ten/Pac Ten matchup in 2002 was in the Orange Bowl when we played USC.

I don't care if Iowa gets to the Rose Bowl anymore, what I want is for Iowa to win the conference title game and then hopefully get invited to playoff.

The tradition of the Rose Bowl was ruined when the BCS was formed, especially evident when the traditional Big Ten/Pac Ten matchup in 2002 was in the Orange Bowl when we played USC.

I don't care if Iowa gets to the Rose Bowl anymore, what I want is for Iowa to win the conference title game and then hopefully get invited to playoff.

Under the pre-BCS rules, that Rose Bowl would have been OSU-USC.

We'll get back. When, I don't know. But by God, we will get there. Really, the one sporting event I want to see live more than any other is a Rose Bowl with Iowa in victory formation running out the clock. Just once in my lifetime. I will pay any price for tickets, even bad seats. It ain't much that I ask for, just that. I don't need a final four or football national championship or playoff appearance, just one stinking Rose Bowl.

Under the pre-BCS rules, that Rose Bowl would have been OSU-USC.

We'll get back. When, I don't know. But by God, we will get there. Really, the one sporting event I want to see live more than any other is a Rose Bowl with Iowa in victory formation running out the clock. Just once in my lifetime. I will pay any price for tickets, even bad seats. It ain't much that I ask for, just that. I don't need a final four or football national championship or playoff appearance, just one stinking Rose Bowl.
That's pretty much every seat in the house.

Unfortunatly, that is probably the prevailing thinking that we all will need to recondition ourselves for going forward...forever.

Latest posts