Will Hawks come out flat vs ND?

1hawkeye1

I'm concerned that Iowa is going to be fatigued because:
-Just played three games in three consecutive days
-2 of which went to OT
-flew home late Saturday night and arrived early Sunday AM, throwing off their sleep schedule
-assume they couldn't practice sunday, giving them only 1 day to prepare. (could be wrong about this)

Do you agree/disagree?

Agree--more food for thought, read these tweets by Marble....

Screenshot%202013-12-02%2012.35.57.png

Last edited:
I think Iowa is going to be upset they let that game get away. Notre Dame pays the price IMO. I think we come out fired up and ready to play. It could really suck to be Notre Dame tomorrow night...sure hope it does.

-2 of which went to OT
-flew home late Saturday night and arrived early Sunday AM, throwing off their sleep schedule
-assume they couldn't practice sunday, giving them only 1 day to prepare. (could be wrong about this)

Do you agree/disagree?

You would think they would be dog tired and filled with disappointment, but I agree with Windsor that they will be fired up and ready to crush Notre Dame. College kids are resilient.......

Or it could go the other way, but I think Fran will have them ready, and I think they want revenge......

:rolleyes:

Hawks by 7......These kids are resilient, and will come out like game busters......protect the home court....that is all...:)

Depth and playing at home are big in this one. If this game was played anywhere but Carver I would have a hard time not putting money on ND. Thank God it's not and the Hawks can feed off the energy of the crowd.

I get the tweets from Dev -- he played a ton of minutes and basically, single-handedly got the W over Xavier. Not to mention the cramps.

I'm sure they will all come out a little lethargic.
Key #1: If they can still hit their first couple shots, game on and energy returns.
Key #2: If flat shooting, they need to contain ND from 3 and not let a hot team beat them from there, again.

I expect this to be a break-out game for Uthoff and for Mel to set the tone. Uthoff's done well but mostly against lesser comp. He should have a chip over how soft he played against Nova. Mel was out of sorts vs Nova, too, and being back in Carver will set him right.

Let's remember the situation after the game as well as going into it. This one has the potential to be ugly for the Hawks. We're going to need some help - most likely from the bench with someone getting hot and taking on a larger role.

-2 of which went to OT

Do you agree/disagree?
Lot of excuses being made.... wow.

They should be fine by tonight. Getting tired from the travel will catch up to a person the following day. If this game would have been last night then I would have been worried but they have had the chance to get 2 nights of good sleep now and should be fine.

Latest posts