Will Greg Davis be back?

I would like a serious answer. Has he fired an anyone? If so, who?

I don't think he ever fired anyone..Now he may have run them off..Long, Elliot(don't remember if he was never invited to stay on) I would like to know what the deal was with Bielema also.

Elliot left because of a Illness, Hayden was grooming him to be his replacement, BB went to work for Wisconsin under BA

I don't think he ever fired anyone..Now he may have run them off..Long, Elliot(don't remember if he was never invited to stay on) I would like to know what the deal was with Bielema also.

KState gave Bielema the chance to be a coordinator, even though he was a co coordinator of the defense I believe. BB had his bags packed for Arizona when Mike Stoops got the job to be his defensive coordinator, then Wisconsin called at the last minute and the rest is history.

Don't know if it's ok to link to another site, but I found this. Sorry for the formatting.

FBS, Fewest Pass TD Thru Team’s First 9 Games – Since 1996 (Minimum 300 Attempts)

Year Player, Team Pass TD Attempts

2012 James Vandenberg, Iowa 4 303
1996 Carl Dean, San Jose State 6 308
2007 Bret Meyer, Iowa State 6 316
2008 Kevin Craft, UCLA 7 328
2010 Garrett Gilbert, Texas 7 351
2011 Sean Renfree, Duke 7 334

*Greg Davis hits the list twice as the OC for both James Vandenberg & Garrett Gilbert

Don't know if it's ok to link to another site, but I found this. Sorry for the formatting.

FBS, Fewest Pass TD Thru Team’s First 9 Games – Since 1996 (Minimum 300 Attempts)

Year Player, Team Pass TD Attempts

2012 James Vandenberg, Iowa 4 303
1996 Carl Dean, San Jose State 6 308
2007 Bret Meyer, Iowa State 6 316
2008 Kevin Craft, UCLA 7 328
2010 Garrett Gilbert, Texas 7 351
2011 Sean Renfree, Duke 7 334

*Greg Davis hits the list twice as the OC for both James Vandenberg & Garrett Gilbert

wow ... and yikes...

Stanzi in 2008 in 9 games had 254 attempts, so what's your point. why does a QB have to be a mad bomber, to prove whether a OC is good or not?

as for Gilbert he ended up with 441 attempts for 2741 yaqrds and ran for 380 yards and 5 td's and had 10 passing TD's with 17 INT'S, again what's your point, other than he had 2 poor QB's to work with
in 2011 Gilbert was the #3 QB for TX
pretty pathetic attemp at trying to slam GD

Last edited:
as for Gilbert he ended up with 441 attempts for 2741 yaqrds and ran for 380 yards and 5 td's and had 10 passing TD's with 17 INT'S, again what's your point, other than he had 2 poor QB's to work with
in 2011 Gilbert was the #3 QB for TX
pretty pathetic attemp at trying to slam GD
Relax dude. I just pasted it from another site. I'm sure Greg appreciates what you're doing for him.

this is the problem with people trying to slam a coach who never looks it up to what actually goes on.
thx for sharing. but it serves no real purpose to pass on BAD info

KF seems like a big "loyalty" guy, so I suspect GD will be back, even if we don't get another first down all year long.

That said, I don't read much into any comments KF makes about it.. Who would publicly acknowledge that they are planning to replace their OC before actually doing so? It would be like your boss telling you that they are planning on laying you off a month or two before it happens.. Just doesn't work that way.

So I suspect if Davis is NOT retained, it's the type of thing we aren't going to hear about until we see a headline that says "Davis will not return next season".

The President of Auburn University CLICK!

While the one year contract leaves the door open for Kirk to make a change, I simply don't see it. As others have mentioned, Kirk is a loyalty guy and in the press, Kirk constantly praises Davis. So I say about a 95 percent chance Davis is back with Iowa next year.

While the one year contract leaves the door open for Kirk to make a change, I simply don't see it. As others have mentioned, Kirk is a loyalty guy and in the press, Kirk constantly praises Davis. So I say about a 95 percent chance Davis is back with Iowa next year.

Why is a one year contract for all assistants okay, but it is necessary for a Head Coach to have a multi-year contract in order to give recruits the perception of stability?

Latest posts