Will Greg Davis be back?

I think Ferentz is prepared to live with him, just not sure Davis wants to stay any longer to further sully his reputation.

I'm not for, or, against Greg Davis...but, with numbers like this, how can you possibly retain him?
Iowa in the national rankings
Offense (FBS Rank)
Yards:2952 (105)
Passing Yards:1786 (99)
Rushing Yards:1166 (98)
Points per game:20.4 (105)
Yards per game:328.0 (107)
Touchdowns:17 (120)

I'm not for, or, against Greg Davis...but, with numbers like this, how can you possibly retain him?
Iowa in the national rankings
Offense (FBS Rank)
Yards:
2952 (105)
Passing Yards:
1786 (99)
Rushing Yards:
1166 (98)
Points per game:
20.4 (105)
Yards per game:
328.0 (107)
Touchdowns:
17 (120)

These numbers are pitiful, just pitiful.

Like I said originally, I hope he is gone. If these numbers continue, no talented kid will want to come play here.

Me thinks the defense is worse than the offense this year. Hope for Parker's demise

Even if this were true (Parker had less to work with) it is not an argument to retain Davis. Just an argument that they both have failed.

IMO, getting rid of the coordinators is something we did already and the results haven't changed. People need to realize the problem resides higher up the food chain.

Last edited by a moderator:
its amazing how peoples opinion changes, before the season 5-7 to 7-5 were the projected record for this team. with major question on O and D, with so many new and untested youngsters,
now rverybody is acting like the 6 year old with the only ball, taking it home because he was not allowed to be the pitcher even though he can't reach the plate with the ball.

LMFAO

I personally believe that there is above a 90% chance that KF retains him as the OC. (Please God, let me be wrong!) Getting rid of him after 1 season would be admitting to everyone that he made a horrific mistake in hiring him in the first place, and it's something KF just won't do. He never admits to having done anything wrong with his program.

GD returns for a second season thereby cementing the Iowa football program as the dreg of the BIG.

The Texas fans have to laughing their collective butt off at us.

Had lunch in San Antonio today with a former Texas Longhorn. Told him I was an Iowa Hawk fan and asked what he thought of Davis. He said and I quote "god help you". Then he and his colleague just as you said above laughed their butts off.

He said Davis is great at 3 yard passes. They laughed again. I told him many Hawk fans did not want him hired in the first place and want him let go after seasons end. He said and again I quote; "Good luck, it took us 15 years".

Yikes!

We are STUCK w/ GD. He is NOT going anywhere else. With this years black eye on his resume, who would want him? Fired at a place w/ ridiculous talent. Then takes an offense w/ a respectable line, decent receivers and TE, and a 5th Yr QB w/ lots of experience, and easily produces a bottom 10 offense in D1. He now knows he's damaged goods, and his next gig would be a HS OC. Luckily for him, we all know KF thinks he is doing a terrific job and will extend an offer to him.

Has Ferentz ever fired an assistant? Maybe Chuck Long? I don't think KF has the balls to fire anyone....ever.

We are STUCK w/ GD. He is NOT going anywhere else. With this years black eye on his resume, who would want him? Fired at a place w/ ridiculous talent. Then takes an offense w/ a respectable line, decent receivers and TE, and a 5th Yr QB w/ lots of experience, and easily produces a bottom 10 offense in D1. He now knows he's damaged goods, and his next gig would be a HS OC. Luckily for him, we all know KF thinks he is doing a terrific job and will extend an offer to him.

Me thinks the defense is worse than the offense this year. Hope for Parker's demise

Our national ranking on Defense is actually pretty respectable (44th) compared to 105th in offense.

Our defense isn't great but how anyone could say the defense is worse is.... pretty wierd.

Last edited:

Latest posts