Wide receivers with speed needed

i will take it a step further.....I think it all started after he got beat up in the Pittsburgh game.

Yes and no. Some of what happened post-Pitt was on OL being makeshift, some of it on the injury. No doubt it affected CJs "touch". That touch was there early, much less consistent latter part of season.

Something I hadn't considered, but it's possible WRs had to change a few things to compensate for a hobbled CJ, thus, things looked out of sync at times "across-the-board".

Yes and no. Some of what happened post-Pitt was on OL being makeshift, some of it on the injury. No doubt it affected CJs "touch". That touch was there early, much less consistent latter part of season.

Something I hadn't considered, but it's possible WRs had to change a few things to compensate for a hobbled CJ, thus, things looked out of sync at times "across-the-board".

i was thinking of that, but wasn't sure how to word it. Think of the ISU game specifically, think of the throws he made, that is the guy I think he is. The guy hopefully we will see next year.

i was thinking of that, but wasn't sure how to word it. Think of the ISU game specifically, think of the throws he made, that is the guy I think he is. The guy hopefully we will see next year.

The pass to McCarron couldn't have been thrown one iota better if it had been programmed by Deep Blue, it was THAT good. OTOH, the downfield pass to J Smith against Illinois was off the charts, too, but it was also across-the-body and probably took everything he had, so touch wasn't even an issue.

But it makes sense that the injury, itself, was bound to make a difference at SOME point in a 14-game season.

Latest posts