Why not bring back these classic uniforms?

Why not? They're hideous, that's why not. I'd rather have the baggy shorts of today than the ballhuggers of yesteryear.

Why not? They're hideous, that's why not. I'd rather have the baggy shorts of today than the ballhuggers of yesteryear.

Yeah, we wouldn't want them looking like, um, a wrestling singlet or anything.

Just kidding.

At any rate, I like the retro look, and the ****** Iowa, but the longer shorts would be a plus. Those were realllllly short.

The cursive ****** is best left retired. It looked good back then, but is way out of date now. Block letters are always in style.

The cursive ****** is best left retired. It looked good back then, but is way out of date now. Block letters are always in style.

How about the same black and gold numerals with the block Iowa on the uniform top and the Tigerhawk logo replacing the cursive Iowa on the shorts? By the way, did you see Tree Henry in the video? He was one of my favorite Hawkeyes!

How about the same black and gold numerals with the block Iowa on the uniform top and the Tigerhawk logo replacing the cursive Iowa on the shorts? By the way, did you see Tree Henry in the video? He was one of my favorite Hawkeyes!

Sounds clean. Simplicity usually is classic, timeless.

I dont think anybody is suggesting we wear short shorts, just change the look of the uniform to a more classic look thats all.

Here is the pic that was on the other site. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!

I think they are awesome but not too flashy at the same time.

The only change would be to add a little more yellow to them in the trim and around the letters / numbers

Here is the pic that was on the other site. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!

I think they are awesome but not too flashy at the same time.

The only change would be to add a little more yellow to them in the trim and around the letters / numbers

311, that concept pic was originally created by me and posted on HawkeyeNation.com in this original thread. Can I ask what other site that concept jersey was posted to? I'd like to see their comments on it.

It is on hawkeye report.

Nice work on it! Love it! We need those and I even emailed barta today to see what he has to say about them.

311, that concept pic was originally created by me and posted on HawkeyeNation.com in this original thread. Can I ask what other site that concept jersey was posted to? I'd like to see their comments on it.

That uniform looks very good, but would you consider adding a little more gold, perhaps on the borders of the numbers, letters, and striping?

Latest posts