Why I Do Not Care About the National Championship

I think you got negged for agreeing with a nebraska fan lol. My point is this, you guys are not iowa state. Iowa States goals should be to win the big 12 which i think theyve only tied for. You are in the big leagues now guys. You have won the big 10 title more then once. Its time to start looking at the next level. Beyond what youve done in the norm. When they start talking about you time and time again on rivals and espn that means youve stepped up. It means that if you go undefeated you will show the BCS that you are worthy to compete for the title. You guys have a hellatious schedule so having program strength is already there. And yes sad as it is you need to show you are worthy to compete in the title game. Things like program strength, schedule, hell even how much you beat a team buy all go into the fold. Everyone who competes for the N/C needs to show there worthy. It is the greatest thing in college football. Guys im sorry im not a old school big 10 guy. But i know how passionate you guys are about the rose bowl. I know for some of you the rose bowl may be your N/C. Hell the Orange Bowl used to be Nebraskas goal during its seasons. But those times are gone, hell big 10 teams dont always play in the rose bowl now. The Hawkeyes are in a prime line to get a N/C bid, even if they lost a game. It is what you should be shooting for. A national championship hawkeye football team would bring so much to your school. I love it when people call it the Mythical National Championship. Its a real payout, with real recruting perks, with real program prestige.

I can't stand reasonable thinking! :p

Not when you have a team that can "immediately" compete for a NC. You set the bar high & go for a NC because it isn't too many yrs Iowa can field a team worthy of NC consideration. Then, if the team flusters, aim for the Rose Bowl.

How hard is that? I don't get the thinking. Go for it if you think the team is worthy has a chance. Why aim to the be best of the worst?

And how proud would you be as a team to go through the schedule you have and maybe get 1 loss and play for the Rose Bowl. That is good, but that still shouldnt be it. From what i remember last year was iowas best season overall score ever right. 11-2, what was your overall game total when you won the Rose Bowls in the 80s. How about when you tied for the Big 10 Title this decade.

The N/C is a tough road to get to. But if you are worthy and the chips fall right it is something you definately want. Wouldnt one of these look nice next to Kinnicks Heisman.

409px-Uf2008CoachesTrophy.jpg