Why Ferentz is a Great Coach

Through their first 13 seasons,

HF: 70-32-4 in B1G games (winning percentage of 66.0%)
KF: 57-47 in B1G games (winning percentage of 54.8%)

This. The original post recounts the history of Iowa football including pre- Hayden to attempt to put KF is a better light. I do not find this to be a strong argument. There are two histories of Iowa football, that before Hayden, and that after. Hayden so changed the program in so many positive ways, that any subsequent coach has and will have the benefit of many of those positives. Coaches before Hayden did not have the benefit that KF had when he came here. The "cupboard" may have been "bare" of talent in 1999, but our program at that time was at the tail end of a 20 year stretch of winning football including 3 Rose Bowls, with a strong reputation. Not only that, but KF had actually seen it demonstrated to him before his very eyes (as an asst), on how to win at Iowa.

I didn't even bother reading the OP's post because Ferentz is far from a good coach at this point, and he's clearly given up. We weren't even competitive with Penn State or Northwestern which is pathetic. We make absolutely NO changes to our offense or defense despite the fact it is painfully obvious our current strategies aren't working. We continue to roll JVB out there despite the fact he has 3 ******* touchdown passes through 8 games. THREE! That is the worst of any starting QB in D1 football. A lot of backup QB's have more TD passes. Our offense is literally the worst I've ever seen it in my 27 years. This program has no hope with Ferentz the joke and Davis the jester at the helm. Our program went from being nationally respected to a laughingstock and I DESPISE Ferentz and Davis for that.

Latest posts