Why dont top PGs want to play for Fran?

It's not about whether his opinion is right or wrong. It's about it not even being factually correct.
It is factually correct if he feels Fran should focus more on guards than forwards and how do you really know if he is right or not . Everyone’s opinion is subjective on this matter

It is factually correct if he feels Fran should focus more on guards than forwards and how do you really know if he is right or not . Everyone’s opinion is subjective on this matter

He said we are thin. That's true now (as sarcasm) but it's not true in 2020. It's factually inaccurate to say we have too many forwards in 2020 because we only have two and they will both be seniors. He decided to make a joke and didn't think it through. Not near as big of a deal as it's been made out to be at this point. But a big enough deal for me to make that first post. If TK had half a brain, he wouldn't have responded the way he did and it wouldn't have been a 4 page bitchfest.

What's funny is its not really a big deal that the guy who sent the tweet didn't think about that. But for it to be spelled out and have a guy still not understand the flaw is pretty bad.

There you are! As long as you disagree, I know I'm right.
He said we are thin. That's true now (as sarcasm) but it's not true in 2020. It's factually inaccurate to say we have too many forwards in 2020 because we only have two and they will both be seniors. He decided to make a joke and didn't think it through. Not near as big of a deal as it's been made out to be at this point. But a big enough deal for me to make that first post. If TK had half a brain, he wouldn't have responded the way he did and it wouldn't have been a 4 page bitchfest.

What's funny is its not really a big deal that the guy who sent the tweet didn't think about that. But for it to be spelled out and have a guy still not understand the flaw is pretty bad.
how do you really know he didn’t think it through ? Maybe he feels the forwards are shitty and he doesn’t want Fran recruiting another shitty forward for the future and maybe go after a better forward for the future ? Maybe he feels the same way about Fran’s recruiting as I do. If I’m the head coach of Iowa I’m not going to load my roster with a bunch of slow kids who can’t shoot a jump shot . Looking for kids from our own state would be a last resort. This roster doesn’t translate to competing for big ten titles . I would try to steal one stud from Memphis , St. Louis ,Kansas City, Omaha, Minneapolis ,Chigaco and Detroit and then look for walk ons. You can’t tell me this can’t be achieved . It’s either shitty recruiting or lazy recruiting

how do you really know he didn’t think it through ? Maybe he feels the forwards are shitty and he doesn’t want Fran recruiting another shitty forward for the future and maybe go after a better forward for the future ? Maybe he feels the same way about Fran’s recruiting as I do. If I’m the head coach of Iowa I’m not going to load my roster with a bunch of slow kids who can’t shoot a jump shot . Looking for kids from our own state would be a last resort. This roster doesn’t translate to competing for big ten titles . I would try to steal one stud from Memphis , St. Louis ,Kansas City, Omaha, Minneapolis ,Chigaco and Detroit and then look for walk ons. You can’t tell me this can’t be achieved . It’s either shitty recruiting or lazy recruiting

Words to sarcastically describe having bad forwards are good, great, and awesome. Not thin. You don't sarcastically say our forwards suck by saying we are thin at that position. That makes no sense at all. Unless you think he wasn't being sarcastic when he said we are thin there?

Words to sarcastically describe having bad forwards are good, great, and awesome. Not thin. You don't sarcastically say our forwards suck by saying we are thin at that position. That makes no sense at all. Unless you think he wasn't being sarcastic when he said we are thin there?
If he feels cook is the only decent forward on the current roster we are thin at that position . This really bugs you doesn’t it ? Lol. I struggle to get a handle on my OCD too

If he feels cook is the only decent forward on the current roster we are thin at that position . This really bugs you doesn’t it ? Lol. I struggle to get a handle on my OCD too

Lol so let's dissect that tweet piece by piece.

"Good" obviously from the tone of the tweet, he is being sarcastic and doesn't think it's good.

"We are thin there" I think he is still being sarcastic and thinks we have too many forwards. You think he isn't being sarcastic because we need better forwards.

"Good thing he isn't wasting time looking for a point guard". We both agree he's being sarcastic.

So answer me this. Do you really think he went sarcastic, swiched to truthful, then switched back to sarcastic, all in the same tweet? No wonder you can't keep up.

You're a really bright guy. You can't decipher jokes at all. You are the smartest poster on here.

See I just used sarcasm, switched to truth, then switched back to sarcasm. No one does that because it's too hard to follow.

"Good" obviously from the tone of the tweet, he is being sarcastic and doesn't think it's good.

"We are thin there" I think he is still being sarcastic and thinks we have too many forwards. You think he isn't being sarcastic because we need better forwards.

"Good thing he isn't wasting time looking for a point guard". We both agree he's being sarcastic.

So answer me this. Do you really think he went sarcastic, swiched to truthful, then switched back to sarcastic, all in the same tweet? No wonder you can't keep up.
I really think he meant we have too many shitty forwards and we shouldn’t be looking for another shitty forward instead of going after a stud point guard . I think you are going to have to contact him so you can sleep at night lol

I also think he doesn’t give a shit about the math part because he knows by 2020 we will still have a bunch of slow white forwards on the roster from future classes when instead he shoot have been focusing on a point guard in 2018 . I don’t know the guy but I understood where he was coming from but I’m not saying I agree with it . I think you need to get a hold of him lol

You can’t provide any statistical data to prove me wrong .

I would suggest that if you are going to make comments like this, you have a responsibility to others to provide "evidence" for your opinions. Not my job, yours. Of course you know you cannot prove a negative.

I also think he doesn’t give a shit about the math part because he knows by 2020 we will still have a bunch of slow white forwards on the roster from future classes when instead he shoot have been focusing on a point guard in 2018 . I don’t know the guy but I understood where he was coming from but I’m not saying I agree with it . I think you need to get a hold of him lol

That's a weird thing to assume considering this is the first year Fran has had too many slow white forwards.

I really think he meant we have too many shitty forwards and we shouldn’t be looking for another shitty forward instead of going after a stud point guard . I think you are going to have to contact him so you can sleep at night lol

Other than the shitty part, I'm positive that's what he meant. We have too many forwards so we shouldn't be recruiting another one. Now that we agree on that part, what does having too many forwards now have to do with 3 years from now?

I would suggest that if you are going to make comments like this, you have a responsibility to others to provide "evidence" for your opinions. Not my job, yours. Of course you know you cannot prove a negative.
Can we agree on the forwards listed? I consider Garza a center . Nunge , Kreiner , Baer, Uhl, Cook , Wagner and Pemsl . I wanted to start with 80 % from the free throw but I’m a hard ass so fine I will lower to 75 %. Free throw shooting is the perfect test to determine if they correctly shoot a basketball. Anybody under 75 gets a negative rating . This will also give you an indication if they can get around 40% from 3 .

Jesus I went back to get you some numbers and they got worse but I already knew that from the eye test. Baer is shooting 28 from the charity stripe yikes . I couldn’t find one forward shooting about 75 from the free throw line . That’s ugly. Cook is the 11th best rebounding forward in the big ten and he’s a power forward ouch . I couldn’t find one statistical category where Cook is in the top five forwards not even shooting percentage and quite a few of the other forwards are on the list for three pointers made and Cook mostly shoots high percentage shots . This is ugly . Yikes. This is not good.

Can we agree on the forwards listed? I consider Garza a center . Nunge , Kreiner , Baer, Uhl, Cook , Wagner and Pemsl . I wanted to start with 80 % from the free throw but I’m a hard ass so fine I will lower to 75 %. Free throw shooting is the perfect test to determine if they correctly shoot a basketball. Anybody under 75 gets a negative rating . This will also give you an indication if they can get around 40% from 3 .

Cook is good because his rare blend of size, speed, and strength. Garza has been killing it at the line lately.

Latest posts