why doesn't bohannon come back for year #8?

Bigtenchamp

they gave everyone another year..... ive never seen this talked about on this board.

Has he ever said anything about it?

I have kind of wondered about that, I mean, he will not be going pro I would imagine. I remember Settles last year, I forget which opposing team it was, possibly MSU, but they heckled him with a chant of "Grandpa Settles". It would be interesting to see what reaction Bohannon would get...........

Just throwin shit out there. He is 23 and just wants to move on with the next chapter of his life. With Garza gone and JW likely gone what kind of impact could he actually have?

Just throwin shit out there. He is 23 and just wants to move on with the next chapter of his life. With Garza gone and JW likely gone what kind of impact could he actually have?
Well, unless he hits, what is it, 13 or 14 more 3-pointers, he is second all time B10 there, so perhaps that records is important enough to him to not only come back to get it, but to put it out of reach. I assume there would be some sort of notation to it though given the special circumstances.

If Bohannon did come back it will literally kill a fair number of haters on this board.

Fran gets an extension???
Bohannon returns for a 6th year???
Gary Barta still employed????
Brian Ferentz even being discussed as the next head coach????

Haaaaaaaaaaate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will take that bet because I would wouldn't mind losing this bet, and the children's hospital deserves it.
Deal. I have a tendency to forget stuff so make sure you remind me if I have to pay up. As I’ve done before I’ll post a screenshot of my donation if I lose.

Also...I'll take up to 2 more people on this bet. I have zero problem donating to the Children's Hospital and either way they get $30.

Fun to conjecture about, but I would say the chances are slim to zero. What else does he have to prove? I doubt his NBA stock would get any higher............

His NBA stock ain't great as it is. It's hard to know what the rational thing to do in his position is. I don't know how much money he'll make from the NBA. I'd bet that he would get a better ROI on doing like an MBA or Masters in Finance next year and having the enjoyment of just absolutely dominating college hoops than he would out of being a 5th guy off the bench in the NBA if he even makes a team.

Unless he wants to try his hand at pro ball somewhere, I don't see the negative of coming back. He can start working towards a masters and he gets to be a Hawkeye for another year.

Seems like a no-brainer, unless he has some nice money lined up somewhere in a job unrelated to basketball or some pro ball deal.

If I were giving him advice, I would try to get him to come back if money is not an issue.

yeah i dont think wiescamp is going anywhere... unless he really wants to play in the g league or europe.

In most lists i dont see wiescamp at all.... i found one that had him around 60....

Garza ranges from 40 to 70.... not on some lists...

Wiezy has the ability to play at the next level, before he got hurt he was playing as well as any player in the conference. Teams will be interested in a guy who can shoot and play in transition. I'll take that bet. I believe he will have a long career in the pros.

Wieskamp is a HEAVY lean to leave.

As things stand now, I'd be pretty surprised if he's back next season.

Nothing shocks me anymore.

Latest posts