why doesn't bohannon come back for year #8?

I'll bet ya $10 to the children's hospital Weezy ain't going anywhere.
Agree. I’ll give him credit. He’s working on the stuff he’s being told to work on and getting better. Up next...handles and FTs...while maintaining/improving in existing areas of strength.

So who all do I have on this thing? @Dadman and @trj ?

I got room for one more $10 bet to the Kids Hospital.

For the record, I don’t really care who wins because they’re getting the ten bucks either way. I don’t think he’ll leave but who the hell knows...

Somebody get in and take one for the hospital.

Agree. I’ll give him credit. He’s working on the stuff he’s being told to work on and getting better. Up next...handles and FTs...while maintaining/improving in existing areas of strength.

Surprising that a guy with such a sweet stroke is only shooting 65% from the free throw line.

I hate that Bohannon is so involved in this beef with the NCAA. I agree with him that it's ridiculous you can't make money off your name, but getting so caught up in the negative aspect of something you love really taints it. 99.9% of college athletes are there because they love playing the game. I would have to assume the more he involves himself with this the more jaded he's becoming about even playing the game. I also wonder how many of his teammates think "dude, shut the F up". They will obviously say the right things when asked about it, but there's gotta be at least a few who think it.

Wieskamp is a HEAVY lean to leave.

As things stand now, I'd be pretty surprised if he's back next season.

Nothing shocks me anymore.

why rob... what makes you think he is a heavy lean to leave?

Outside of random fan conjecture I've not heard him nor fran mention it... like ever.

Besides that's half the fun of college sports. As much as a guy would like to see some players hang around forever, it's great to see a new team go at It.

So who all do I have on this thing? @Dadman and @trj ?

I got room for one more $10 bet to the Kids Hospital.

For the record, I don’t really care who wins because they’re getting the ten bucks either way. I don’t think he’ll leave but who the hell knows...

Somebody get in and take one for the hospital.
I'm in...Love that staff up there.

J-dub isn’t going anywhere. Why would somebody leave early to be a late 2nd round draft pick, at best? Doesn’t make any sense...would be a dumb move. Come back, showcase your game as the Alpha Dog, and be everyone’s All-American! All while, finishing out your degree...what am I missing?

J-dub isn’t going anywhere. Why would somebody leave early to be a late 2nd round draft pick, at best? Doesn’t make any sense...would be a dumb move. Come back, showcase your game as the Alpha Dog, and be everyone’s All-American! All while, finishing out your degree...what am I missing?
People always say "he can't improve his stock" when giving their opinion on whether or not someone will come back. Kriener couldn't improve his stock and he came back for his senior year. Same with Gesell, Sapp, Uhl, and every other player under Fran except Cook. Most college players play until their eligibility expire s unless they are first round draft picks.

I realize Wieskamp is a little different because he actually has a shot at the NBA, but leaving college early in that situation is far from a no brainer, just because your stock won't improve. Not to mention, Wieskamp's stock has a better chance of improving than almost anyone. Going from being in the shadows of the National Player of the Year to being the man? He's pretty much in the exact position Jok was in after his junior year. The only difference is I think Wieskamp is capable of showing a better all around game next year than Jok was.

People always say "he can't improve his stock" when giving their opinion on whether or not someone will come back. Kriener couldn't improve his stock and he came back for his senior year. Same with Gesell, Sapp, Uhl, and every other player under Fran except Cook. Most college players play until their eligibility expire s unless they are first round draft picks.

I realize Wieskamp is a little different because he actually has a shot at the NBA, but leaving college early in that situation is far from a no brainer, just because your stock won't improve. Not to mention, Wieskamp's stock has a better chance of improving than almost anyone. Going from being in the shadows of the National Player of the Year to being the man? He's pretty much in the exact position Jok was in after his junior year. The only difference is I think Wieskamp is capable of showing a better all around game next year than Jok was.

yes.. plus he is not even listed in the top 60 in most nba draft sites.... People saying he will get drafted in the 2nd round... from what I see out there its unlikely he gets drafted at all.

yes.. plus he is not even listed in the top 60 in most nba draft sites.... People saying he will get drafted in the 2nd round... from what I see out there its unlikely he gets drafted at all.
I would venture that most people who leave early that are in Wieskamp's position don't like college at all.

Weiskamp shot 50% from three...in over 100 attempts and alot of them were from NBA range. With the way the NBA values shooters these days...that's a guy that's going to get into the 2nd round...I would guess. Plus, he's more athletic than people realize.