Why doesn't anyone want to transfer to the Hawks?

Seems like the clones are getting solid players wanting to transfer in. The hawks are scraping up walk-ons. Is there no solid player that is looking for a school that will come to IC?

Ol fred is selling "i was an NBA player and NBA exective. I know what it takes to get to the NBA, and I will get you there."

ISU just picked up NIU 1,000 point scorer Darion Anderson. Will be a one and done. Will get waiver from NCAA because he just graduated.
Similar to the situation of the Duke BB player that transferred to Syracuse to play one year of FB.
I like it. Doesn't affect future scholarships and adds much needed back court depth.

Maybe its because Fran wants to build more long term??

I am going with this one as well. A player joining that wouldn't be able to play next season would be IMO counter productive unless that player was a person you just couldn't live without or had 3 years of eligibility.

Seems like the clones are getting solid players wanting to transfer in. The hawks are scraping up walk-ons. Is there no solid player that is looking for a school that will come to IC?

Come on...just how many JC's can you document that have been offered and have not come??? Salter and ???? Even though it has been stated that when he left, it was mutually agreed that both were going seperate ways without regret...

I am going with this one as well. A player joining that wouldn't be able to play next season would be IMO counter productive unless that player was a person you just couldn't live without or had 3 years of eligibility.

How can that be counterproductive when the roster isn't full anyway and probably won't be?

So, Iowa's never going to try and sign a Junior College player? Hoiberg, thus far, has recruited and signed one transfer that will be available immediately next year (Will not take up any scholarships beyond 2010-11), one transfer that will add depth and compete for a starting spot that will have two years to play beginning in 2011-12, and one HS guard that will be eligible to play in 2011-12. I don't think he's jeapordizing the long-term for the short-term at all. If you expect Fran to sign nothing but HS players and accept no transfers, have fun with that.

So, Iowa's never going to try and sign a Junior College player? Hoiberg, thus far, has recruited and signed one transfer that will be available immediately next year (Will not take up any scholarships beyond 2010-11), one transfer that will add depth and compete for a starting spot that will have two years to play beginning in 2011-12, and one HS guard that will be eligible to play in 2011-12. I don't think he's jeapordizing the long-term for the short-term at all. If you expect Fran to sign nothing but HS players and accept no transfers, have fun with that.

He didn't say a word about "never"...he's talking about right now. Iowa needs immediate help, not someone who's going to be riding the bench in street clothes next season.

I agree - Fred has done a really good job so far. He's plugged some holes and added some depth. Iowa fans need to stop comparing our situation to ISU. If you think Fran is struggling because we dont have multiple recruits by now just take a deep breath. Rome wasnt built in a day

I agree - Fred has done a really good job so far. He's plugged some holes and added some depth. Iowa fans need to stop comparing our situation to ISU. If you think Fran is struggling because we dont have multiple recruits by now just take a deep breath. Rome wasnt built in a day

Agree.

Maybe Fran has some good prospects for next year and does not want to use the schollys. The man knows how to rebuild programs,done it three times. I trust him.

How can that be counterproductive when the roster isn't full anyway and probably won't be?

I think that kind of the point isn't it? We're going to bad to average at best next season. Everyone that knows anything about Hawkeye basketball knows where we stand. I may be wrong but I would hope we don't offer a scholarship to someone that isn't going to make an instant impact unless it someone that we just can't pass on like an Adam Haluska or Wesley Johnson :)

Fran got a player from New York. From what I have seen, recruiting or talking to players from Cal, Nev, NC, etc. I agree he needs time and we need patience, but we have to show improvement this year, even if it is only 1-3 wins, to lure these kids to a team coming out of a horrible three year stretch, capped by its first 20 loss season in 108 years!

The two transfers that Fred has got, BOTH said they want to play in Hilton Coliseum and cant wait to get out on the court in front of a SOLD OUT or nearly sold out arena. Im not trying to bash on Iowa at all, but we all know that you guys havnt came nearly close with attendance than we have for basketball in the last four years and We have been really bad those years also. Also, If i were fred i would be using the "i have the nba connection" to EVERY single recruits that i am going after. Why wouldnt he? He has connections to every single nba team out there. If Fred keeps his words to his recruits and makes them better, I honestly believe he will get a lot of good players to come to Iowa State. Saying this i also really really like Iowas coaching staff also, you guys have a very good young assistant recruiter and a guy that runs aau basketball organizations. Very solid staff.

You haven't even come close to sell outs either. Give me a break, saying they want to play in front of sellouts or close to it is bull! There hasn't been hilton magic for years!

You haven't even come close to sell outs either. Give me a break, saying they want to play in front of sellouts or close to it is bull! There hasn't been hilton magic for years!

Would you want to play in front of 10,000 people or 3 or 4 thousand people? jw... And it didnt come out of my mouth it came out of the two transfers mouth, that they cant wait to play in front of a packed hilton coliseum. We averaged close to 10,000 people i think last year and we were dog ****.

Would you want to play in front of 10,000 people or 3 or 4 thousand people? jw... And it didnt come out of my mouth it came out of the two transfers mouth, that they cant wait to play in front of a packed hilton coliseum. We averaged close to 10,000 people i think last year and we were dog ****.

He's right...one area where ISU has a huge advantage over Iowa is fan support. Both teams have been equally awful the last 3 years and the Clones still draw far more fans.

Latest posts